How do I dress elegantly, yet appropriately for school?

I need advice on how to dress elegantly, yet still casual for school. I have trouble doing this because it is hard to change clothes for gym when I am wearing a skirt and tights and things of that nature. I want to look polished, but I don't want to look like I might be going to a ball after school. Help is extremely appreciated. Oh, and I'm fourteen so please make your suggestions age-appropriate please. Thank you.

I think selena gomez dresses really nicely! Her style isn't really "elegant" but she has good style and I think she is age appropriate!

Here she is wearing a cute oxford button down top, skinnies, and black heels. cute!

outfit 1: http://www.denimblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/0...

outfit 2: http://www.denimblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/0...

outfit 3: http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/World+Premiere+...

anyways, there you go!

I hope you liked some of her outfits.

you could try to re-create them with clothes from target or forever 21!

I hope I helped!

I'm fourteen too & I try dressing elegantly as much as possible as well (=

My first tip is to invest in heeled ankle boots if you don't already have some! Whenever I wear these, I tend to look older and it makes any outfit look more elegant! You can also wear them with a variety of things: jeans, skirts, dresses, basically ANYTHING.

When you want to look more casual but fancy, wear some dark wash skinny jeans with an interesting tank top, such as something floral or just out-of-the-ordinary, with a cardigan. Pair the outfit with either boots or flats. Add some cute accessories such as big rings and/or fascinating earrings!

When it's warm & you want to go all out, wear a bubble skirt with some crazy designs along with a solid colored v-neck or scoop neck tee or long sleeve. Add some cute flats and accessorize.

When you're just having a lazy day, wear a warm colored shirt with jeans and some cute shoes. You can spice up the outfit by adding a scarf.

Hope I helped a little! Good luck (=

• Erika

How To Dress Elegantly

Jewelry, along with darker colors and tailored lines, make a huge impact. A strand of delicate pearls or a simple gold chain can really put some elegance into your outfit. Darker colors, such as navy, deep magenta, black, and dark grey can make you look very sophisticated. Just make sure you add colored accessories to keep it from looking too goth. As silly as it sounds, clothes that fit make you look much more elegant than baggy clothes. Tailored jeans that fit you nicely, length wise especially, not only make you look more slim but also more elegant. Pair the jeans with ruffled top in something like dark magenta or navy or pale pink, put a tailored blazer that ends right on your hips, wear a pearl or delicate necklace, pin an elegant jeweled broach to the lapel of the blazer, and top it all off with either a pair of modest kitten heels or run flats, and you have an elegant outfit that may sound hard to put together but is really easy to throw on after gym class! I hope this helps :)

no one ever dresses elegantly for school. That's why the uniform is popular.

A blouse and skirt or an appropriate (not sleeveless) tee shirt with a dark colored skirt are appropriate and casual.

Hey ! I'm fourteen too and this happens to me quite a lot too.

I would say you should invest in cardigans, skinny, slim or bootcut jeans, "jeggings", basic t-shirts and ballet flats. Also I would recommend you to use skirts with prints and pantyhoses under. Stores such as H&M and Forever21 sells all sorts of variety of these clothes. here's a link that might help you: "http://lookbook.nu/look/306961-take-out-your-coat"

Source(s): -Genevieve

Invest in lots of cardigans! Wear a nice top underneath. It looks great.

And when you're changing for gym, if you're wearing leggings or tights, just put your shorts/sweats over them. It makes it a lot faster and easier.

dress formal and you can still change back easily or wear clothes that are dressy and easy to take off like a mini dress

I'm more of a skirt and dress kind of woman. I prefer dresses that are about knee-length though

When you have nice feet to put them on maybe its cause there exposing its more sexy than pants and you simply get a bit more attention looking at them