Central locking question?

My Ford Focus mk1 (2000)'s Right side back door wont lock/unlock with the central locking or remote locking and if i lock my car from the inside (with the keyfob or door switch) I cant open the drivers door from the inside of the car unless i unlock the car with the keyfob, the handle pulls but the lock stays on.

Any idea what the problems are?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • jock
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi there as it is only one door causing the trouble, then the problem is not at the fuse box. the actuator or the wiring to the rear door is faulty. you will have to strip of the inside panel to access the actuator.once you can see it try moving it back and forth with your hand. it might just be stiff.if it is moving ok use your key fob to lock doors and unlock doors.if it does not show signs of moving then either actuator faulty or the wiring coming from bulkhead to the door. with opening and shutting doors with wiring can cause them to break over time. it would be easier if you could ge a voltmeter, as you can check voltage when trying to lock doors at the rear faulty door no voltage means wiring fault voltage at actuator means faulty actuator Jock

Source(s): over 40 years auto electrician
  • 9 years ago

Its possibly water in the fuse box area, the focus has the pollen filter just above the fuses and the drainage cover rarely gets refitted correctly or is broken during removal so water leaks in and can cause any number of electrical faults. Tell tale sign is the plastic cover is not tight to the windscreen on the passenger side

Source(s): modifying classic cars for 10 years
  • 3 years ago

you have carried out a sturdy pastime at describing the situation yet did no longer point out the 300 and sixty 5 days of manufacture. 320's were obtainable for extra desirable than twenty years and the circuits have replaced. mutually as the dialogue board contributors might provide you knowledgeable or maybe uneducated guesses, it may be extra suitable in case you point out the variety 3 hundred and sixty 5 days every time you place up a question.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.