• Computers & Internet >
  • Hardware >
  • Add-ons
  • Computers & Internet >
  • Hardware >
  • Add-ons

How To Use Lag Switch?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I made a lag switch: I stripped the ethernet cable, cut the green wire, stripped the ends of the green wire, and then correctly applied my light switch to it. Im just REALLY confused ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
It works exactly the way you describe. With the lag switch on one position, the device is cut off from the Internet. With the switch in the other position, the device is connected.

Your xbox will not sign out if the Internet is turned off. How could it send the commands needed to sign off if it's not connected? And how would it know it wasn't connected as opposed to there just being a burst of lag?

The basic way you use the lag switch is as follows:

1) You flip the lag switch so as to disconnect your console's TX pair.
2) You enter a sequence of commands or operations in the game.
3) You flip the switch back to connected.

The idea is that your console can't send any commands during step 2. So in step 3 when the connection returns, all the commands will be sent at once. This makes it harder for opponents to react to them.

Asker's Rating & Comment

5 out of 5
thanks very much :)
  • 0
    0
  • Comment
How To Use Lag Switch?
I made a lag switch: I stripped the ethernet cable, cut the green wire, stripped the ends of the green wire, and then correctly applied my light switch to it. Im just REALLY confused on how it works, I haven't tried it on my xbox but i did try using it with my computer to the router and all it did was turn off the local internet, and turn it back on again after flicking the switch! surely if it just turns off the internet to your xbox it would just sign it out!? do i have to flick it twice or what? i would just like some guidance on how to use it. Many Thanks
Sign in 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock