Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 years ago

Women, how would you feel if your husband asked for Paternity test?

Studies in England and in the US show that between 20-30% of men are not the biological parent of the child they believe they are the parent of. That being said... even though you may not be a cheating b*tch, obviously by that stat many women are, how would you feel if your husband wanted a paternity test? I think it is a legitimate request in the day and age we live in now and that paternity tests should be required for all live births. This way women can't pull the "OMG, I can't believe you don't trust me" card and threaten divorce.

If you have nothing to hide, why shouldn't guys verify?

Men - GET A PATERNITY TEST BEFORE EVER SIGNING A BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!

It should be normal legal procedure in any birth to verify paternity.

I trusted my ex wife when she had her second child (while we were still together). I paid child support for 14 years on a child that wasn't mine.

• Rose

I would feel shocked and hurt, I'm not really married but I wouldn't be having unprotected sex with men before I decided to marry.

I agree with groundhog, a paternity test should be mandatory after the baby is born.

I'd be surprised, but he's welcome to check. We aren't together anymore and the kids are almost grown, so it's more of a time thing than me being insulted. I know whose kids they are, but I'm a worrier and a checker, too. So I can understand wanting proof.

Especially because he was married for 24 years and messed around (unprotected) with countless women before he ever met me and none of THEM got pregnant.

Lol, it would be weird. I've got nothing to hide, and funny you say this, because he said our 1st child didn't look anything like him, and I couldn't believe what he was insinuating .

That was a red flag, and it kept going downhill from there.

Our 2nd child looked very similar to our 1st, so his doubts must've been forgotten.

He's more than welcome to check. It might work to my advantage anyhow if we got divorced and he tried to pull some crap about how maybe he's not the father, that way he could get out of paying child support.

I would say sure get one. Then when it came back that he is indeed the father... I'd make him pay and pay and pay for YEARS. I'd forgive but NEVER forget...

Only if there is any doubt

i would feel insulted

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!