My husband is obsessed with our neighbor's daughter?

For whatever reason, my husband is completely obsessed with our next-door neighbor’s 13-year-old daughter. He’s constantly talking about her, calling her, texting her, taking her out to dinner, buying her gifts, driving her to school, etc... My husband and I are unable to have children, so initially I felt that... show more For whatever reason, my husband is completely obsessed with our next-door neighbor’s 13-year-old daughter. He’s constantly talking about her, calling her, texting her, taking her out to dinner, buying her gifts, driving her to school, etc...

My husband and I are unable to have children, so initially I felt that I understood his motivations and was completely fine with the whole situation. However, recently the whole thing is beginning to seem a little unsavory.

I’d ask the girls parents how they feel, but unfortunately the girl’s father died three years ago due to complications from diabetes and the mother is an alcoholic shut-in who rarely leaves her bedroom except to go to the liquor store. I asked my husband about the situation directly and he claims that he simply feels sorry for her.

How can I be sure that my husband’s motivations are entirely wholesome?