Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Could Alfred Nobel be turning in his grave?

Here are some who have been given the price for peace

Obama (A man who is the leader of a country that carries out the death penalty)

Yasser Arafat (Sent hundreds of young palestinian men and women as suicide bombers )

F.W DeClark ( A man who upheld Apartheid in south africa when he was president)

Dont you feel sorry for poor Alfred who made sure that the peace award must go only to people who are Humanists?

Wot do you say?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Alfred Nobel invented TNT.

• 9 years ago

At least they waited until DeClerk and Artafat had changed their tunes. Much as I think Mr. Obama is OK, he didn't do anything before and he hasn't done much since.

What makes me wonder about their sanity is that they introduced a prize for Economics. Economics! That's the course where every year the examination questions are the same, because every year they change the answers.

Geology, biology, dozens of other sciences and most of the arts don't get a look in.

Of course there are the Copley and other medals from the Royal Society which are mostly older than the Nobels. The Copley Medal has been awarded since 1731.

• 3 years ago

no longer I. I admit that this wasn't the staggering call for the Nobel committee, yet I understand why they did it. usa of america has spent the final 8 years the two appearing like a foul guy and continuously being categorized a foul guy by potential of maximum of Europe. Obama's tries to realize out to something of the worldwide are like a breath of clean air by potential of assessment, and that i'm specific the Nobel committee believed that worthwhile usa of america for its "reliable habit" might inspire extra non violent international kin sooner or later (it incredibly is inspite of each little thing the very factor of the Nobel peace prize.) Alfred Nobel grew to become into plenty extra interested in using the prize to further the undoing of the wear that his detrimental invention (TNT) brought about than he grew to become into in in basic terms worthwhile human beings. subsequently, Obama's outreach whether it hasn't born fruit is a honest aim for the prize. I nonetheless think of Morgan Tsvangiri ought to have gained the prize this 3 hundred and sixty 5 days, whether it grew to become into surprisingly much inevitable that it could be presented to Obama for reversing American unilateralism in some unspecified time sooner or later.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

So?...

Nobel invented the dynamite, that did make a lotta of people happy. Although giving Obama the peace prize for doing nothing is debatable. Furthermore, Noble died in 1896, so no grave to roll around.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Nobel SCIENCE prizes awarded in the last 50 years: US, 171; ALL muslim nations, 3 (out of 1.5 billion people!)

All but science prizes are awarded on a subjective basis: Obama's award is clear proof of that.

(hmmm: Reagan ended the Cold War. Did he get one?)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yeah Obama getting the prize blew my mind it was so stupid.

He has continued the extradition of people into other countries so they can be tortured by the CIA and continued pretty much all of the practices from the Bush Era. But hey he is black and cool lets give him the award anyway.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Obama (A man who is the leader of a country that carries out the death penalty)

Umm it is not obama's job to make the death penalty illegal you know. In america, death penalty is a state issue....not a federal one.

• 9 years ago

Don't forget giving one to that moron Al Gore for his junk science film, The Nobel prize has indeed seen better times.

• 9 years ago

pyou should count Yasser Arafat (Sent hundreds of young palestinian men and women as suicide bombers ) out as you know they suicide bomb theirselves to free their land is that terrorism?!

• 9 years ago

and dont forget Nelson Mandela leader of a violent terrorist organisation & convicted( on his own admission) of planting a bomb in a bus station.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.