Not producing enough breastmilk?!! :(?

I have a 7 week old baby and from the get-go I have had a little trouble producing milk. Refusing to use formula exclusively, and after his first 2 weeks, we began supplementing my breastfeedings with formula if he wasn't satisfied enough (I would breastfeed til I wasn't producing anymore for that period of... show more I have a 7 week old baby and from the get-go I have had a little trouble producing milk. Refusing to use formula exclusively, and after his first 2 weeks, we began supplementing my breastfeedings with formula if he wasn't satisfied enough (I would breastfeed til I wasn't producing anymore for that period of time and my nipples were sore). He's always satisfied after I follow with the formula supplement. My friend recommended using lactation supplements, so I began using them and they worked (!!) but only for the first 2 or 3 weeks of taking them (til he was about 5 weeks). Recently he's been really unsatisfied with the breastfeedings (and I only produce enough milk for him if he skips a breastfed feeding). I cut out exercising and dieting for the past 2 weeks. I've been eating plenty of oatmeal as I heard it naturally helps with lactation and have increased my water intake. I have seen no improvements. He's unsatisfied the majority of the time, especially now that he has moved up to 4- 4 1/2 oz feedings.

I plan on seeing a lactation consultant soon. Did anyone else have these issues? What helped you resolve it? I'd hate to go to exclusive formula feedings but I'm starting to feel it's my only solution. It makes me feel inadequate as a mother...our body's are made to produce! Why isn't mine? :(
Update: I breastfeed every 1.5 - 2 hours for 30-45 minutes at a time. He's not fussy at first because he's getting milk for the beginning portion of breastfeeding, but 10-15 minutes in he gets fussy because he's not getting enough.
Update 2: *sigh* I do feed him on demand. Its been like this from the beginning (I did not start supplementing from the beginning). I feed him when he's hungry (every 1.5-2 hours and I breastfeed him for 30-45 minutes even though he gets frustrated)IT IS ONLY AFTER I HAVE BREASTFED HIM FOR THAT LONG that I supplement (if... show more *sigh* I do feed him on demand. Its been like this from the beginning (I did not start supplementing from the beginning). I feed him when he's hungry (every 1.5-2 hours and I breastfeed him for 30-45 minutes even though he gets frustrated)IT IS ONLY AFTER I HAVE BREASTFED HIM FOR THAT LONG that I supplement (if needed) with formula. I just started my online classes and I am moving to Hawaii in less than a 2 months so I'm thinking the added stress with doing well in these classes and getting everything ready for the move to hawaii might be effecting the milk supply?