Atheists, at what age did you realize there was no god? Were you ever religious prior?

My answer (10 pts for a different answer) My atheist conversion came in my 30's. It wasn't a dramatic life event. Just something gradual. Do I have less compassion for my fellow man now? No. Do I have respect for those who are religious? YES. I was a Catholic who prayed. Who went to confession and had his... show more My answer (10 pts for a different answer)
My atheist conversion came in my 30's. It wasn't a dramatic life event. Just something gradual. Do I have less compassion for my fellow man now? No. Do I have respect for those who are religious? YES. I was a Catholic who prayed. Who went to confession and had his Holy Communion. Religion has been a force for good in history. I wish I could believe. What has been your experience atheist?