? asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 10 years ago

Why do kids resist drinking water?

My daughter and step kids hate to drink water! If we are out of coke, juice, milk, or tea and they say they are thirsty, when I suggest they drink water they act as if I recommended cat snot or something. They turn their nose up to water and start whining to go to the store to buy something. If their friends come over and ask for something to drink and I say, "Have a glass of water." they also look at me like I've insulted them. What gives? Why don't they like water. I drink a couple of glasses every day, so what's up with the kids?

Favorite Answer

water has no flavor. And no sugar, caffine, or etc... its not fun! And besides its good for them!

We have a rule that control how many pops, coke mtn dew, etc they can have a day. If they want more than that, part of the deal is equal amounts of water. they are not happy about it, but they have learned to drink water when they are thirsty, so they can enjoy their soda instead of gulping it down when thirsty.

Also a big glass of water in the evening say 1 hr before bed can help purge the body of toxins, sugars, etc of the body and help the kids sleep better and feel better in the morning. Give it a try. Do it as a family....

Hope this helps. Have a good one.

First, have you ever tasted water? It has no taste !!! Why would anyone want to drink it. Yes, it quenches thirst, but to young'ins, that is not the point. When they ask for something to drink, they want flavor.

Second, do you roll your eyes when you say there is nothing but water? I bet they have learned or at least perceive that your "drink some water" is the same is "don't bother me, you drink water or nothing, I'm not going to the store".

There are a couple of things to do

1. Let them find the water. When they ask, just say, "we must not have anything." Don't suggest, let them make the decision. If they are dieing of thirst, they will find it.

2. Keep cold water in the fridge (if frig is not hooked up already). Kids would prefer bottled water, it is cooler in more ways than one. Make it clear the water is for company or visitors only. That makes it cool too.

3. Keep packs of the single serving waer flavorings in the house. I hate to drink water, but those make it more bearable. I'm drinking lemonade, at least in my mind.

4. Teach them how to make lemonade, ice tea, or kool-aid. Stop being their mother.

They get enough water from other drinks. Do not worry!!

They also get about 20% from foods they eat. It is a myth by the water bottle companies and others that you should drink 8 glasses a day. You should drink when you get thirsty.

i work with 2 year old kids and have multiple friends with younger children. Kids hate drinking water cause it has no flavor. But there is a brand called crystal light or propel that makes the water taste like koolaid. There made with splenda so its just as nutritious as regular water and kids will still drink it. :D

Why would they drink it when it has no high fructose corn syrup in it? Where is the caffeine? There is no sweet taste in plain water, so what is the motivation. your kids are not alone. Many are like this. be strong, just dont buy juice or soda and you will see they will drink water.

If it's tap water,it might be because of the unpleasant smell and taste. The tap water where I live smells and tastes like bleach. Children might be even more sensitive to that. Besides that,they put flouride in the water and it's just not healthy to drink flouride.

because they love juice. A good way to get your kids to drink water is to drop orange slices in the water. You can try dropping other fruit slices like, strawberries, cranberries, and raspberries

• creeks

The flaw together with your argument is that you simply expect that Conservatives are for Anarchy. They don't seem to be. Not in need of Socialism does now not equate to in need of Anarchy. They realize that the arena isn't white/black, up/down, on/off, precise/fake,.......whole Socialism/whole Anarchy. Contrary to what you desire to think, Conservatives appreciate the will for freeway upkeep, police and a blank, reliable water deliver. I have no idea approximately you, however my vigor comes from a trade (despite the fact that regulated by way of govt) and so does the cable. The above indexed, adding fireplace and public schooling are fundamental for regional govt to furnish, for this reason Conservatives are inclined to pay the taxes quintessential to have them. Spending isn't a truly enormous obstacle with such a lot groups. Since regional govt spending is felt straight by way of the persons and the persons have direct entry to these coverage makers, out-of-manipulate spending will also be rectified rapidly. Even groups in a delusional state like California can paintings in a balanced funds, besides those which might be inundated by way of unlawful extraterrestrial beings absorbing their social offerings. Mind you, ANYTHING a central authority presents isn't price effective, the waste in schooling a obstacle. Even state govt isn't a truly enormous hindrance. States are not able to print their possess cash for this reason, cannot conceal their irresponsible spending from the persons. If the government acts responsibly and denies bailouts, those state can be pressured into economic accountability regardless of themselves. Conservatives enormous beefs are with the government. The countrywide debt is 12.nine trillion, unfunded liabilities is 108.7 trillion, the federal funds deficit is one million.four trillion, there are four million persons hired by way of the government, a quantity of those employed making use of "stimulus" cash. I do not realize your oil spill argument. The rationale why there used to be a time while nearly all of persons churned butter and raised chickens used to be for the period of a time of self-sufficiency. The nation used to be made and it is person formed by way of this ethic. They did not desire to must depend on govt to deliver their demands. They desired their possess land to are living their possess lives they manner they desired to. Churning butter used to be inexpensive than shopping it. Raising chickens used to be for meals and to promote. These had been additionally aspect of them practising well average experience of residing inside their method. Something that the government does not have. You analogy of a child over sweet is exciting. Children desire extra sweet. What they desire overrides what little knowledge they've. This is what liberal govt furnish, sweet within the sort of increasingly governmental offerings. Eventually, it rots your enamel. Greece is an instance of this. Other European international locations will comply with.

because its not sweet....question?

did you desire to drink water when you was younger or did you prefer juice.

kool-aid have little singles for water bottles, tell them if they drink a full glass of water the next time they get water you will put kool aid in it. i bet you, you will get them to drink water. you gotta trick em.

Because it is tasteless. get some kool aid packets to get them to drink it.

or the small crystal light packets/5 calorie packet things to put in water bottles.

I know it helps me drink more water! haha.

i hope i helped(: