Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What sauce can i make with Spinach and ricotta Tortellini?

I bought some of the above mentioned Tortellini today and i would like to make a sauce from scratch to go with it as i hate buying store bought sauces.

Any ideas please?

Denise is right, an alfredo with peas is great with this. In fact, it is so great I just put the leftovers from my alfredo that I just made a little while ago into the refrigerator. You could skip the peas, and put in some fresh parsley or or some spinach leaves if you happen to have some or some chives. Just a little, for some color. And some pancetta or some bacon will be a great pair with the spinach.

I recommend putting a few shakes of white pepper, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder [or fresh garlic if you have it] and a couple tablespoons of fresh grated[or out of a can if you must] parmesan stirred into the alfredo. You can cook some fresh mushrooms and add that to the sauce, it is very good that way. A local restaurant does it that way. And of course, the more stuff you add to the sauce, the more sauce you will need to cover it all.

I use my Betty Crocker cook book and make medium thick white sauce, it starts with a roue, and start adding things to the finished sauce. I used half and half instead of milk, so I put in a couple tablespoon more of it to counteract the thickness of it, and knowing I was going to dump a bunch of parmesan in, which thickens the sauce even more.

Spinach And Ricotta Tortellini

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Any ideas please?

Source(s): sauce spinach ricotta tortellini: https://bitly.im/bxRPb

I love spinach and ricotta Tortellini. I usually make a marinara sauce homemade with it. I use the leftover marinara sauce for other pasta too.

5 tomatoes, chopped

2 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce

1 can tomato paste

1 onion, chopped

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 sm. bell pepper, diced

12 mushrooms, sliced

2 carrots, sliced

2 sm. zucchini, sliced

1 tbsp. soy sauce

1/4 c. red cooking wine

2 bay leaves

1 tsp. black pepper

1/2 tbsp. basil

1/2 tbsp. oregano

1/4 tsp. sage

Add all the ingredients together (except for the dry herbs) into a large pot on the stove. Simmer for about 2 hours. Add the dry herbs and simmer for another 1 to 2 hours. Use sauce on spaghetti, in lasagna, or with any other Italian dishes.

A walnut cream sauce would be awesome

1/3 cup walnut halves

2 Tbsp butter

2 Tbsp flour

1 cup whole milk

1/8 tsp (or more) dried rubbed sage, I prefer Penzey's Albanian

Heat a non-stick pan on medium high. When the pan is hot, add the walnuts. Heat until fragrant, then set aside. If you do not have an immersion blender, crush your walnuts now. (Leave your pan on the stove with the heat off, you will need it in a minute).

In a small saucepan, heat the butter. When the butter foams, add the flour and the sage. Stir the bubbly mixture until it starts to turn a deeper yellow color, just a minute or so. Add the milk all at once. Continue to cook until the sauce thickens.

(The best way to check this is with a wooden spoon. Dip the spoon in the sauce. With your fingernail, wipe a horizontal line across the spoon. If the sauce does not drip down to cover your line, the sauce has thickened.)

Add the walnuts. Stick your immersion blender in the pan and mix until smooth.

• mick

Very easy and tasty traditional Italian recipe.

Start boiling the tortellini in abundant salted water.

While the pasta is cooking, put a large dollop of butter in a wide pan with a few (possibly fresh) sage leaves and let it fry on medium-high heat.

Let the tortellini boil for a couple of minutes less then they say on the package, drain them, and immediately toss them in the pan with the sizzling butter.

Cook pasta for the remaining two minutes, pouring a spoonful of the cooking water in the pan every now and then.

Serve sprinkled with ground parmesan cheese and/or black pepper.

I don't have a pasta sauce recipe but you could just open a can of diced tomatoes or tomato sauce and add your own seasoning. You could make a cream sauce like Alfredo or just top with some butter and spices.

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://biturl.im/aU3hp

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

• DeeGee

an alfredo sauce with frozen peas and basil. I've made it before and it's good.

Just melt some butter in a pan, mix in some cream, then the peas (thawed) and some basil, warm breifly, throw in the cooked tortellini and parmesan and mix together. Serve.

Simple and yummy.

(you can also leave out the peas if wanted)

• C.M. C

Rainbowb. Thank you for your question, you can make a white sauce using portabellow mushrooms and panchetta (Italian bacon), you can use cut up bacon.

A red pasta sauce would be fine with them. The other is a rose' sauce, all you do is slowly stir in cream to the red pasta sauce till it comes lighter in colour, to an orange colour basically. If you want the recipe for the pasta sauce, send me an email.