is it possible to live off of student loans?

i would like to know b/c it's been very tough working full-time and going to college... i wish i could spend the next couple of years going to college More Than full-time living on student loans and pay them back after i graduate... is it possible? do i have to have perfect credit to get extra student loans? thank you...

& i'm not lazy, i just want to hurry up and get school done. i feel like i am wasting my life and the job i have makes me miserable.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • R
    Lv 5
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

it's possible, but i don't advise it. i worked full-time and went to school full-time so i know it's possible. it's hard but it won't kill you.

you apply for federal loans through FAFSA (no credit check). if you're interested in private loans you have to go through that specific lender to apply (most require you to have a perfect credit score)

• 3 years ago

Federal student help is first despatched to the college the place the college's costs which incorporate tution and costs are deducted. If there is money left over after the charges are paid, the version is despatched to the student. even however, there are limits to how plenty you may borrow each and every 3 hundred and sixty 5 days ($5,500 for a complete time, first 3 hundred and sixty 5 days based student or $9,500 for an self sufficient), so many times there is not that plenty left. you should borrow added deepest student loans, yet normally they might decrease you to the relax value of attendance at your college. student help is barely meant to pay for tutorial costs, not own residing costs. it is not going which you may receive adequate to be waiting to stay off your student loans without working.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.