Egypt: What's "reminisce" in Arabic?

Don't you think the Egyptian youth has become too shallow?I mean I could probably count up on one hand the number of people I could have a serious conversation with about Politics, Religion, Books...etc. Why is it do Egyptian kids tend to shy away from meaningful conversations?People are too scared to talk... show more Don't you think the Egyptian youth has become too shallow?I mean I could probably count up on one hand the number of people I could have a serious conversation with about Politics, Religion, Books...etc.

Why is it do Egyptian kids tend to shy away from meaningful conversations?People are too scared to talk about Politics, they're too far off their faiths to talk about Religion and most haven't moved past their childhood comic books so they can't discuss books either.
I was talking with someone today and the "Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho came up. She had no idea what that was!!!
A while back I was discussing politics with a Syrian guy at school and this Egyptian guy who butted in didn't even know where Damascus was!!Imagine not knowing the the capitals of Arab countries, what if I had asked him where Helsinki was?!!!!

The only things people tend to discuss nowadays are music (Bieber fever and crap like that), movies (with everything that entails), where our next outings should be and how hot that guy/chick is.

I miss having real fulfilling conversations where you talk about something that's actually worth the effort and debating different opinions on them.

Where do you think we've gone wrong, if ever? and how will this country be when this generation takes charge of it?
Update: @67: G_2?? :O
Update 2: @YAM:DUDE!!You're back!!!hahaha..where've you been man??and what's up with the tux??
Update 3: @Meero: Maybe..but I remember having some very insightful conversations with Non Arabs back at school. I don't know why I can't seem to find many Egyptians who'd do the same!
Update 4: EDIT: @YAM: hit me up at hatemedschool@hotmail.com...anytime.
Update 5: EDIT: @Meero & G2: No it's mostly Egyptians!!trust me!!

@Marwan: It's an epic novel man!!!you gotta read it sometime!!!