Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Why do Christians think and believe that Jesus is divine?

1. Jesus could raise the dead so he is divine?

***Prophet Elijah also could raise the dead.

"And the Lord heard the voice of Elijah: and the soul of child came into him again, and HE REVIVED" [1 kings 17:22]

Even the dead bones of Elisha could restore a dead body to life by touching(2 kings 13:21)

2. Jesus was taken to heaven So He is God?

***If Christians still believe Jesus is divine because he was raised up heaven, Why dont they accept other prophets as divine who were raised up to heaven?

..And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. And Elisha saw it, and he cried..And he saw him more [2 Kings 2:11-12]

Also Enoch was taken to heaven by God as like Jesus.

"And Enoch walked with God; and he(Enoch) was not (die); for God took him (into heaven)" [Genesis 5:24]

***This is also repeated in Hebrews 11:5

"It was by faith that Enoch was taken up to heaven without dying--" he discreared, because God took him." for before he was taken up, he was known as a person who pleased God" [Hebrews 11:5 from New Living Translation]

Note: Elijah, Enoch and Jesus Alive body was taken to heaven by God.

3. Jesus Virgin birth can make him great?

Jesus had a Mother but Melchizadek had no Father or Mother. So who is great?

"Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God" [Hebrews 7:3]

Also Adam had no Father or Mother.

4. Jesus was filled with the Holy Ghost while he was still in his mother's womb so He was God?

The same was true with John the Baptist(Luke 1:13-15)

5. Jesus could cause a blind man to see again so he is divine?

***Also Prophet Elisha did:

"And Elisha prayed, and said: 'Lord, I pray thee, OPEN HIS EYES, that he may see.' And the Lord Opened the eyes of the young man: and he saw" [2 kings 6:17]

"And it came to pass, when they were come into Samaria, that Elisha said: 'Lord, open the eyes of there men, and they may see.' And the Lord opened their eyes, and they saw; and behold, they were in the midst of Samaria" [2 kings 6:20]

***Elisha was also told to cause blindness 2 kings, 6:18

6. Jesus could heal leprosy so He is divine?

***Also Elijah told Naaman who was a leper to wash in the Jordaan river (2 kings, 5:14)

***Bible "Son of God" literally mean "Servant of God" and why Christians dont wanna believe it? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AkNR3... (click here)

Jesus never did anything by himsel. Jesus performed all Miraculous Sign by God, not himself

"..I CAST OUT DEVILS BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD..." [Mathew 12:28]

"..I WITH THE FINGER OF GOD CAST OUT DEVILS..." [Luke 11:20]

"..I CAN OF MINE OWN SELF DO NOTHING: AS0 I HEAR, I JUDGE: AND MY JUDGEMENT IS JUST; BECAUSE I SEEK NOT MY OWN WILL, BUT THE WILL OF THE FATHER WHICH HATH SENT ME" [John 5:30]

Several verses of Bible says Jesus can do nothing by himself. Read John 5:19, John 8:28 etc.

"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus the Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know" [Acts 2:22]

read >>"accredited by God" so Peter did not see the miracles as proof that Jesus is God.

It's what they're taught. As a rule, they don't think it through.

• (1 Corinthians 16:22 KJV) If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

(1 Corinthians 16:23 KJV) The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

(1 Corinthians 16:24 KJV) My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.

The first epistle to the Corinthians was written from Philippi by Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus and Timotheus.

The simple answer to all that misguided "reasoning"

is the actual teachings of these prophets, who never

claimed to be God, and the teachings of Jesus and

those of the Apostles who were taught by Him.

The scriptures are clear, succinct and consistent in

regards to who is God and who is not God.

I personally know Jesus is divine because He gave

me clear and direct answers about things when I asked

Him for help, and He took away a cancerous tumour

from a lady when I prayed and bound it in His name.

His responses to me have confirmed His word is true.

What is obviously problematic is your ability to read

and comprehend the scriptures, and this shows the

Bible is correct when it says outsiders are unable to

discern the truth when they are not being guided by

the Holy Spirit.

Tell me, are you equally "expert" about Astro Physics

and Brain Surgery?

Jesus Christ is God by using fact He lived a sinless existence. He lived a sinless existence by using fact he's God Almighty interior the flesh. Being sinless is a characteristic that's in basic terms attainable to God. consequently, Jesus Christ is God. all of us be attentive to that Jesus Christ is God by using a historic account by using fulfilled previous testomony prophecy. there's a prophecy interior the previous testomony that states that if the Jews (Israelites) rejected God (Jesus Christ) they are going to be exiled from their land. In 70 advert, approximately 37 years after rejecting Jesus Christ, the Jews have been exiled by making use of the Roman Empire.

1. The Lord had to hear elijah for the spul to return, Jesus just ordered the souls to return

2. When prophets spoke, they said, "thus says the LORD...."

When Jesus spoke, He said: Truly truly I say unto you

3. God said about Jesus:

Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Everytime read the verses in context and you will not err.

Matthew 12:28 Mat 12:27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

Mat 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Luk 11:19 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges.

Luk 11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Now, you can also look at the following verses and then show me when muhammad said anything like them:

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

YAHUSHUA said He was Divine, so either He was, or He was a liar. Also, the legal consideration of the Sacrifice requires a perfect sacrifice, and if He were human, He could only pay His debt, and not yours or mine.

Oh gosh, another atheist trying to prove a point, but once again wrong interpretation.

*sighs*

Dont you have an atheist convention to go to? Do they have that? They should ...you guys need to vent to yourselves..

• THOMAS

Jesus is God because that is God's testimony.

JOH 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

• yesmar

Very appreciative of the scriptures you cite neighbor, but I believe Jesus is divine because he said he was. It's as simple as that.

Jesus did miracles by His own hand, others needed God in order to do things.