What are the pros and cons to becoming a Math or Tech Ed (Woodworking) teacher? And how would I go about it?

Hi, I am considering becoming either a Math teacher or a Tech Ed teacher for wood construction. I love both subjects and love working with people and helping them feel better about themselves so I thought, just maybe, I could get into teaching one or the other. I think to be someone who can help a student realize that they can accomplish what they put there mind to would be great. I always hated when I had a teacher who was more of a dictator and did not help when needed. So I'd like a chance to change that. What I am not sure about is whether I would prefer the math or construction class. Also what grade level. Can someone let me know what would be a better choice and why? Obviously money is not the only thing important but it is important. Also what sort of benefits package would I have to look forward to? What kind of cost would I be expecting to pile up and time frame start to finish. I have never taken any classes or anything yet. This is still at the very beginning stages of the consideration process. So any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

To sum it up:

-- Math or Wood Construction teacher? Why?

-- What grade level? Why?

-- What steps to take?

-- And overall good/bad things for me to keep in mind?

Oh I forgot to mention I am in Wisconsin. I don't know if it makes a difference or not. Thanks again. :)

Maths teacher ... Good pay

Year 7 because the kids have lots to learn and cause their old enough to listen and take in alot of info & cause they are new so highschool so they will treat you with respect!

Tips on becoming a teacher: http://www.adprima.com/tipson.htm

10. “Your” accomplishments are always really someone else’s.

You’re only doing your job when you’re helping other people do better. If they don’t do well, you’re letting them down and not doing your job. If they doll, well gee, aren’t those kids just brilliant?

9. You always have to work more hours than they say you do.

You may be told that you need to stay at school until at least 3:30, but you will definitely be staying until 5 some days. You will then be coming back at 7 to chaperone a dance, and coming home from the dance at 11 to grade thirty papers and plan your lessons for the next week.

8. If you need technology, it will undoubtedly be broken.

I have never managed to work in a school that could keep a copy machine working, let alone computers, a network, or a projector. You will however be constantly reminded of the necessity of using a variety of technology to support student learning.

7. Guilt reigns.

The moment you decide that you will not work one more uncontracted and unpaid minute, it will immediately be proposed to you by a child, parent, or supervisor that if you were to do this one little thing it will change a child’s life forever. If you don’t, well (sniff, sniff), I guess he or she will find a way to get by.

6. You are always a teacher

You’re a teacher when you’re at the grocery store, when you’re at the movies. Children will find this an appropriate time to converse, play, or torture. Parents will think it completely acceptable to begin a dialogue about your grading system.

5. You are not a person.

You’re expected to know everything. You’re not allowed to have a bad day. You’re not allowed to be stressed or take it easy. You’re hardly allowed to call in sick, and if you do you better spend at least two days of extra work planning for and recovering from it.

4. Everyone thinks they can do your job.

Everyone you meet has had teachers and since it never looked that hard, everyone thinks they could do your job. They will never actually say that but will make it abundantly clear several times per conversation.

3. You are completely responsible for the lives of twenty human beings for about 7 hours a day.

They are not, however, your children. When they leave your sight, you have very little control over what happens to them, what they do, or who they become.

2. The money. . . well. . enough said.

1. Well, umm. . . .

… There isn’t one. The truth is, I love teaching and I wouldn’t stop. The other day I had a kid tell me that the reason he stopped plagiarizing is that I taught him how to write. The last time I got guilted into volunteering something, I cheered louder than any of my kids when we found out that they won. I can call an audible and talk my way out of a technology meltdown in about 5 seconds and you know what else?

I am always a teacher.

Is it easy? No. Do I sometimes feel overworked and underappreciated? Oh yeah. Sometimes in the morning I curl up on the couch and cry into my coffee because I just don’t want to go to school. But then sometimes at the end of the school year, I get a note from a kid that says “Words cannot describe how much you’ve done for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

( http://storiedmoney.blogspot.com/2007/05/10-tough-... )

1

Source(s): Woodworking projects http://givitry.info/WoodworkingProjects

If you are planning to start on your woodworking project, this isn't something you should use, it's something that you would be insane not to. Truth is, I've been a carpenter for almost 36 years, and I haven't found anything like this for less than 10's of thousands of dollars.

Download 16000 Woodworking Plans Projects?

In the event that you are searching for woodworking plans you can discover a huge number of woodworking plans here:

http://woodworking.toptips.org/

It's the perfect result in the event that you are simply starting with woodworking and also in case that you have already experience with it.

You can discover a ton of woodworking arrangements and you will have the capacity to deal with the projects with a CAD/DWG software. It permits you to alter the projects and to alter the arragements.if you are a beginner this is a great approach to start. It's the best approach to woodworking; and on the off chance that you already have experience you will discover a considerable measure of plans and inspirations to improve your capabilities with woodwork.

Mcgrath is a very dedicated and experienced woodworker who knows what he is talking about when it comes to woodworking and DIY projects s he has been a woodworker for many many years. Read here https://tr.im/QTFpq

There is also a lifetime member acess included in the package and you get these extras for no cost to you as they are free with no additional charges at all!

Pros - vacations, get to work with kids, fullfilling Cons - dealing with parents, NCLB, not enough time My solution after being a classroom teacher for 2 years was to become a school librarian. I still teach, but only have 45 minutes with a class. Being a teacher is not even remotely easy. However if you like to work with kids and are good at discipline, it might work!

Want you like to get instant access to over 16,000 woodworking plans?

Check it out https://tr.im/6834b

Along with stone, mud and animal parts, wood was one of the first materials worked by early humans. Microwear analysis of the Mousterian stone tools used by the Neanderthals show that many were used to work wood. The development of civilization was closely tied to the development of increasingly greater degrees of skill in working these materials.

16000 Woodworking Plans & Projects : http://www.woodworkinghappys.com/Support

Aussie teaching forum. Have a look at the resources etc. help build our forum

http://teacherscoffeelounge.freeforums.org./