Should I allow my employer to deduct $20 from my salary?

One day, the secretary e-mailed me saying pay cheques are being sent by mail. I did not know why, because they usually hand it to us personally during work days. Apparently, operations has ceased. After 7 days, I told her that I have not received it in the mail yet. Then I realized that they have my previous... show more One day, the secretary e-mailed me saying pay cheques are being sent by mail. I did not know why, because they usually hand it to us personally during work days. Apparently, operations has ceased. After 7 days, I told her that I have not received it in the mail yet. Then I realized that they have my previous address. I went back to our previous address and was not able to retrieve the mail. I told them about that, and now they are saying that the bank will charge then $20 if they cancel the cheque, and they will not be responsible for that. (Well, neither am I) What should I do?

I don't know what Canadian laws say about this kind of situation.
Update: I live in BC