What year did Ford Motor Company buy Jaguar?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Neil
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Best answer

1990. The offer was made in 1989, but it took a few months to complete the sale.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Um, guys are you really going to try to tell me that anything jag built under British Leyland's authority comes even close to approaching "mediocre"? They were awful before the ford buyout (1989, btw), at the very least, you could driver a Ford-aguar off the lot without it catching fire or disintegrating, which is more than I can say for anything built after 1969. Seriously, get over it. Jags have been a joke since the 60's when they got thoroughly spanked in races by everyone's favorite warmed over beetle, the 356. Here was a sportscar that wasn't always breaking, actually handled fairly well, and didn't try to kill you every chance you get. Sorry, but jaguar will never be the company they once were, and they did it to themselves by failing to adapt. There's a reason they've been bought and sold 3 times in almost as many decades, while Porsche remains in family hands.

• 9 years ago

Hi

In 1989 and what a sad day for such a good mark.

as they are a big volume manufacturer they where going to destroy all that. hence the mondeo and X type floor pans being the same.

having driven both these new models all the quality had gone and we had a real dog on our hands.

well they say it has improved again i will believe it when i have driven one.

having been around the older models like 1970's e types and xj's and the daimler i will take some convincing.

I owned several fords for a 15 year period and they where rubbish with automatics so i have a poor opinion of Ford.

having had vauxhall's for the same period of time it's a better product.

Source(s): it's not oop's is an american dictionary and car models and makes.
  • Tepee
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Jaguar was acquired by Ford in 1989.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

the year jaguar went down hill. ford is terrible

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.