Eli asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Are you happy with your life?

Hey, I have a job, and a home, and i am healthy, and sort of young, 27yo, but i feel so unhappy with my life. I hate the way it is, so boring, nothing exciting, just going to work and home and thats it. I am missing having a boyfriend like hell, but then, my friend, who has a husband, and a beautiful house, and her own business is also complaining, and i am just thinking, is it who we are, just never happy?

Are you happy with what you have?

No not at the moment. I have tried everytthing I could to be happy, as far as depression pills and pot, and nothing seems to work. The only thing I can think of that would make me happy is money and a girlfriend. So thats what I am gonna try best at now.

Yes, I am happy, and content with what I have. I have never had anything before when I was young because I didn't live according to THE system or right and wrong. I was a hungry, homeless alcoholic/drug addicted liar, cheat, thief, prostitute for many yrs. I am now clean and sober, have a wonderful low paying job I love, pay all my own bills with not much left over for much of anything.....but I have everything that I need. I wake up in my own bed, in my own apt, and drink my own coffee on my own patio preparing for my day. I am very happy with what I have since I have not had the pleasure of having much to begin with. I think people who complain about things are just being in a negative HABIT! Habits are meant to be broken! Lord knows I have broken a lot of my many bad habits. One has to WANT something different for their lives in order to change, and then be willing to work on themselves so that they can become the person they have always wanted to be.

Happy yes, satisfied, no. It can always be better. But it is the people in my life and my own attitude that makes me happy. Not what I have. Only you can change the things you are dissatisfied with. Get out there and find someone, something that makes you happy. But be advised, happiness comes from within not from things or others. No one or thing could make me happy if not for my attitude and life view.

The only person in life that can make things better or less boring is YOU!

You are not going to find a boyfriend sat on your **** in your apartment, go out and enjoy life, do things that single people do like speed dating, go out with other single friends.

Start a new hobby do a new thing and stick to it until completion.

Happiness follows Happiness

Happiness is different things to most people as you know. Sometimes we don't realise how happy we are until things are taken away from us. If you are warm, have food to eat and healthy then be happy for often many people don't even have these basic things in life. If you are in the UK, we are just a bunch of moaners. Why are we moaners because simply we enjoy moaning but often we are still happy.

My father died when I was 5 and my mother when I was 19. I have no brothers and sisters. What I have learnt (and I know its a cliche) is that life is what you make it. I have wasted many years of my life reflecting on the past but what I've realised is that no matter what, we have to strive to do the things that make us happy. What makes me happy? Singing. So I've just joined a singing group. Its only 1 hour a week, but that one hour of feeling positive about my life can soon lead to feeling more positive and happier in general.

So my advice to you? Think about things you like to do and go out and do them. Learn from your past mistakes and strive not to repeat them.

Source(s): Personal experience

No. I don't think I was born with a sufficiently low IQ to ever actually be happy. But I can achieve a state of lugubrious satisfaction that can give happiness a run for its money!

I am content, I got over with trying to be HAPPY with my life after I almost had a nervous breakdown when I was 17. I accepted myself, before then I was always trying to change myself so people would like me

i am not happy but it could be worse and it could be better you have it good i know people who have it worse than me but you shouldn't compare life's or there will be an insurance advert about it lol

Be in peace with yourself, be in peace with others, be in peace with the Universe. Achieve this and you are happy !