In order to make a hotkey, you must first have a shortcut to the file, folder, or program. To make a hotkey for a file, folder, or program, do the following:
1. Locate the shortcut for the file, folder, or program you are wanting to make a hotkey.
2. Hit alt enter on the shortcut.
3. This will bring up the properties for that particular shortcut. You should land in the shortcuts tab.
4. Tab until you hear, shortcut key: hotkey, and it should be set to none.
5. Now the default two keys that are used are the alt and control keys. All you have to do is hit which letter you want to use with these keys.
6. For example, most people use alt control J for a hotkey for Jaws for Windows.
7. So all you would do is hit the letter J. The alt control are automatic.
8. After choosing and hitting your letter, tab to the OK button and hit the space bar.
9. Your done. Sometimes you have to restart your computer to use the new set hotkey.
· 8 years ago