Elena asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 10 years ago

What's your favorite way to cook oatmeal?

Going to have it for breakfast! What's your favorite way of cooking oatmeal - spices, cooking agent, additions, etc?

Favorite Answer

My favourite topping for oatmeal is cranberry orange compote.

Take a cup of frozen cranberries, a tablespoon of sugar, a table spoon of orange juice and a teaspoon of orange zest. Simmer in a pot on the stove until the berries are thawed and the consistency is thick. Then spoon it over hot oatmeal.

Yummy.

I love oatmeal!

So many ways. With maple syrup, or with brown sugar and a little bit of cream, or, without any additions at all, but cooking it in milk instead of water.

I know a lit of people like it with apples and cinnamon, or berries, or what have you, but I'm personally not a big fan of fruit in my oatmeal.

• zzooti

Open packet, pour in bowl, add water; Actually cooking the stuff is too much effort for too little gain; I keep some handy for recipes that call for oatmeal, but by itself-no.

For me, instant is by far the easiest, and tastes so good! I just measure out the milk and pour it into a pan and heat it for a few mins. I pour whatever is in the instant package into a bowl, and once the milk starts to steam, I pour that in. It takes like 5 mins tops, and is oh so good!

I like adding butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar to my cooked oatmeal. You could also add toasted almonds or pecans too!

• Cam

I cook it in a saucepan with boiling water and add milk, a little butter, and brown sugar.

first i make the oatmeal.... then i put brown suar and berries on it, or i put maple syrub, or cinnamon sugar

the possibilities are endless

• Heating the water and pouring it in the oats

In the microwave

stovetop with raisins and a bit of honey mixed in.