So why was I verbally attacked for having an opinion?

Therfs this site that i go to mostly about makeup and i said something about a youtube makeup guru. Everyone just jumped on me for no aparent reason and Iwas labeled a troll! Was I in thwe wrong?? I didnt curse or anything or even say anything mean just made one lil observation. What do u guys think? i honestly thought they were bein overly sensitive.

TY guys!!! Geez I actually doubted myself lmao

• Favourite answer

Because some people are sadistic jerks who love to lash out at other people online, because they are bullies. Bullies are really cowards and what they feel brave enough to spew out viciously on the internet in an attempt to humiliate you, they most likely would not dare say to your face in person. Or even if they would say it to your face, it doesn't change the fact that they're abusive scum. I get flamed all the time on forums of the internet when I am not even trolling, looking for a fight, starting trouble, or anything. Some people just feel temporarily more "powerful" or "superior" or something, by berating somebody else.

They know you can't reach through the screen and slap them, and they bank on the thought that it would be too much trouble for those they insult to track them down and sue them for harassment. So they go for it. The internet is like a haven for them to pick on people and create drama, where they can feed their addiction of trying to tear somebody down. Be careful, if you give hell right back to them which is natural to want to do, they may report you and get your account or email deleted/shut down because often times a flame is a bait post, hoping they'll make you blow your cool and start cussing at them so they can tattle on you to the moderators or to your ISP or email service.

Just be glad you don't have to live with them in real life or work in the same building they do. It could be worse.

By the way, did you say something about Michelle Phan?

It is possible your comment was misinterpreted and they thought you were trying to be mean even though you weren't.

• .

Not sure what this has to do with Marriage & Divorce...but the internet is full of all kinds of people...bullies, trolls, phreaks, gurus, geniuses, kind folks, azzholes, you name it...

Don't play online if you are thin-skinned...you're just going to get your feelings hurt...either realize that some people will attack you simply because they can, and there's not really anything you can do about it, and so ignore them and go about your business...just like on this site, some people are quick to call someone out as a troll, when it's clear the person who typed that doesn't have any idea what an online troll really is...

I hardly consider calling someone a 'youtube makeup guru' to be an insult, so it's clear the attackers were clueless...

Gee, that sounds exactly like Yahoo Answers! There's a lot of people on here that have absolutely NO respect for other people's opinion. Yahoo Answers has lost it's original purpose. It has become a site where people are seeking points, enjoy insulting others, a medium for ranting and in many categories, the only answers that are accepted are ones that have a sexual twist to them or when there is a pre-determined acceptable answer. Many genuine answers are given thumbs down or deleted. I would imagine that all internet sites are the same.

The definition of OPINION is a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty. People don't have to agree or disagree with you.....because they have their OWN opinion which is just as valid. Don't doubt yourself.

Some websites are dominated by kind, considerate people. Some websites are dominated by stupid, mean people. Sometimes you get a mixed bag, like I think this website is a mixed bag. I guess there's enough kind, considerate people on here to make it worth it to keep reading it.

Anyway, you have to consider if the kind of people on a website are the kind of people that you want to interact with. If the people on a website create problems for you, it's time to stop visiting that website and move onto a different website. The Internet is full of too many websites to visit one that brings you down.

Don't worry about it. They're just anonymous people on the internet. They're not talking to you, they're typing from the safety of their basements. They will have their opinions and you will have yours. And you know what they say about opinions........

Opinions are like @ssholes: everybody has one, and most of them are full of sh*t.

• A

No idea. Kandee Johnson is a good one to look at on youtube, fab make up and hair videos.

• People are so stupid. They find the worst things to say when there is noting worng. I'm sure you are okay, those people are just dumb.

someone takes the internet WAY too seriously...

you have your opinion, so does everyone else... you need to accept that...

• Rose

Welcome to the internet.

An anonymous mask will keep you safe.