promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Colette asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 10 years ago

Have you been the target of cyberstalking?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11393064

What happened and what action did you take?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favourite answer

Currently yes, a someone who claims to be a Muslim who lives in a 7 bedroomed family house near the Royal Crescent in Bath! Wow! How impressive is that! I see HE has also given away two of his other alias names on his post this morning, both of which i had previously blocked for abusive comments. Doesn't take long to suss them out does it? By the way if you are having problems, e-mail me, i've just had their Clontarf office contact me - very interesting!

p.s. - i doubt if it could possibly be a Muslim - they're usually so well mannered and brought up, besides which can you imagine the abject horror of having the Police turn up on the doorstep, poor parents!

Edit: Dave g - so was it ok for that @x%$£ to 'out' you on here last Saturday? Quite honestly i thought that was appalling, but each to his own.

Dave g - yes, it's cyberspace stuff but nonetheless i thought that was quite vile. He's posting on here right now presumably from a book lined study overlooking Bath - how nice.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Brian
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Hi Colette :) Nice to hear from you again

As you know, I had some bother on this site. One lady though it was fun to 'stalk' my every post - I kept a note of the profile and know who it was now (very disappointed when I found out who was being so childish)

Anyway, I ignored the stalking and it stopped quite quickly

• 10 years ago

I have lost count of the times that I have had to form a new identity, I think my extreme right wing views give me away.

• 10 years ago

i had a couple of trolls stalking and threatening me, one reckoned he could get my bank account details and address etc, he was gonna fleece me and pay me a visit. i'm still waiting.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

How many of these victims bring it on themselves though. Not being funny, but if you choose to put your entire life in the public domain and then a few nutters come along, who's fault is it really???

Source(s): Helen S - I got your email, and did fall off my chair. I dont really care what people say about me to be honest, its only YA, not real life.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

on facebook

i blocked them and they never returned , i did know the person

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

"Who are you? Why are you asking me this question? How do I know that Colette is your real name?"

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

YES i have received lots of abusive e-mails on yahoo C&E because i inadvertently used my name Helen s(no photo) and another member is called Helen with a capital "S"(and a photo ) I still recieve hate mail,if i had recieved a e-mail like i did when i used "i love you" saying excuse me that is my name could you PLEASE not use it,which i promptly changed to "but i love you" but instead i still recieved vile e-mails demanding i change my name

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.