Colette asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 years ago

Have you been the target of cyberstalking?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11393064

What happened and what action did you take?

Currently yes, a someone who claims to be a Muslim who lives in a 7 bedroomed family house near the Royal Crescent in Bath! Wow! How impressive is that! I see HE has also given away two of his other alias names on his post this morning, both of which i had previously blocked for abusive comments. Doesn't take long to suss them out does it? By the way if you are having problems, e-mail me, i've just had their Clontarf office contact me - very interesting!

p.s. - i doubt if it could possibly be a Muslim - they're usually so well mannered and brought up, besides which can you imagine the abject horror of having the Police turn up on the doorstep, poor parents!

Edit: Dave g - so was it ok for that @x%$£ to 'out' you on here last Saturday? Quite honestly i thought that was appalling, but each to his own.

Dave g - yes, it's cyberspace stuff but nonetheless i thought that was quite vile. He's posting on here right now presumably from a book lined study overlooking Bath - how nice.

• Brian

Hi Colette :) Nice to hear from you again

As you know, I had some bother on this site. One lady though it was fun to 'stalk' my every post - I kept a note of the profile and know who it was now (very disappointed when I found out who was being so childish)

Anyway, I ignored the stalking and it stopped quite quickly

I have lost count of the times that I have had to form a new identity, I think my extreme right wing views give me away.

i had a couple of trolls stalking and threatening me, one reckoned he could get my bank account details and address etc, he was gonna fleece me and pay me a visit. i'm still waiting.

How many of these victims bring it on themselves though. Not being funny, but if you choose to put your entire life in the public domain and then a few nutters come along, who's fault is it really???

Source(s): Helen S - I got your email, and did fall off my chair. I dont really care what people say about me to be honest, its only YA, not real life.

on facebook

i blocked them and they never returned , i did know the person

"Who are you? Why are you asking me this question? How do I know that Colette is your real name?"

YES i have received lots of abusive e-mails on yahoo C&E because i inadvertently used my name Helen s(no photo) and another member is called Helen with a capital "S"(and a photo ) I still recieve hate mail,if i had recieved a e-mail like i did when i used "i love you" saying excuse me that is my name could you PLEASE not use it,which i promptly changed to "but i love you" but instead i still recieved vile e-mails demanding i change my name