Is this normal weight gain for my 1 month old?

my 1 month old son was born weighing 7 pounds even and 20 inches long. now a month later he went to his first month check up and he gained 3 pounds and now is up to 10 pounds he doesn't look 10 pounds though. he just recently just started wearing one diapers that are made to start wearing at 8 pounds. he can... show more my 1 month old son was born weighing 7 pounds even and 20 inches long. now a month later he went to his first month check up and he gained 3 pounds and now is up to 10 pounds he doesn't look 10 pounds though. he just recently just started wearing one diapers that are made to start wearing at 8 pounds. he can also still fit into newborn clothes and 0-3 months are to big on him. he also put two more inches ion and is now 22 inches long. his doctor says his weight gain is beautiful and i can let him sleep at night for 5 hours. he is also very long. i was wondering if this amount is okay or is this to much in the first month? i know i should listen to my son's doctor but i wanted to get more advice from other parents. if it is to much what should i do? he eats every 3 or 4 hours during the day and eats 4 ounces of formula.
Also how much weight should my son put on in the up coming months? thanks