Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 years ago

Do men have bigger brains than women?

I like men who are smarter than me, so is this natural?

I'm sorry

"Brain size. Typically, men’s brains are 11-12% bigger than women’s brains. This size difference has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence, but is explained by the difference in physical size between men and women. Men need more neurons to control their greater muscle mass and larger body size, thus generally have a larger brain."

http://www.mastersofhealthcare.com/blog/2009/10-bi...

It says its not intelligence at all, but the article says the male brain is just "different". Men and women are different, I don't think people should try to deny it. We aren't worse than men. They aren't worse than women, but we have two different roles. IMO.

Yes men generally have bigger brains than women just as we have bigger hands and feet and heads generally. There is plenty of evidence we actually have different brains as well as men generally have more grey matter and women generally have denser brains. It's not that one is better but like any other animal nature made us different for different roles.

Men's brains in general weigh more than women's but that has nothing to do with intelligence seemingly.

Physically men have bigger brains than women that`s a fact. I am taking for the average man and the average woman.

Well like you just posted, and I was going to say. Brain size has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence level, in fact the opposite, they found that some of the smartest people tend to have a smaller brain, might be due to the fact that neurons and synapses are closer together and don't have to travel as far. Intelligence is not about being smart, I am extremely intelligent about computers and technology, science, art, etc, but I am a complete idiot when it comes gangs and firearms, does it make me dumb? No, just means I don't know everything.

The fact that men have larger brains than women, might explain why there are no famous women philosophers, musicians or mathematicians.

Yes, men on average do have larger brains than women.

Most feminists will not admit this. But it's a fact.

Medically brain weight of men are more than women .But it doesn't mean that the intellgence of men are greater than woman.Pschycologically women generally concentrate on many things whereas men are much focussed .Naturally they grasp thing easily and apply it.

men have bigger brains and 6.5 times more grey matter, which means men are smarter.

• Corner

Men do have bigger brains on average, but like the article said it doesn't mean they are more intelligent. Its all about brain to body ratio. Brain to body ratio helps determine intelligence, not brain size alone. Since men are larger than women, on average, their brain is going to be larger. THeir brain to body ration will not be how-ever.

My evidence:

Many animals have larger brains than humans, but they are still less intelligent than us. Brain to body ration matters, not the brain size itself.

Source(s): National Geographic

Yes

Seems like you already know the answer. Bigger isn't always better though; just like with computers.