Ramadan; Okay,a question about Aisha (RA)?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
is it true that there were some sahabas who supported the false accusations that Aisha (RA) commited adultery ? Sources,to back up your claims please.. and I don't want any ...show more
Update : @prisoner;i'm waiting ^_^
Update 2: @ninety9;please don't think i'm trying to get propaganda views ...show more
Best Answer
Some of the Sahabah dishonestly accused Aisha of fornication!! This event is clearly mentioned in the Holy Quran: Surah Noor, Ayah 11. For authentic references from the books of Ahl al-Sunnah, see the following:

1. Sahih Bukhari Volume 5 hadith number 462, Chapter al Maghazi (Expeditions)
2. Sunan Nisai Volume 4 page 162 "Kitab Hudood"
3. Fatah ul Bari Volume 5 page 273 "Kitab Shahadath"
4. Irhsad al Sari Sharh Bukhari Volume 4 page 494 "Kitab Shahadath"
5. Nawawi's Sharh Muslim, Volume page 364 "Kitab Tauba"
6. al Bidayah al Nihaya by Ibn Kathir on page 160 Volume 4, Chapter "Dhir Ifk"
7. Tafsir Mazhari commentary of Surah Nur Volume 17 page 479
8. Tafsir Kabeer Volume 6 page 240 Surah Nur
9. Tafsir Fatah ul Qadeer Volume 5 page 49 Surah Nur
10. Umdah al Qari fi Sharh Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6 page 90
11. Sirat un Nabi by Ibn Hisham, chapter 137 (the event of Ifik) page 360

This is how the event is narrated in Sahih Bukhari Volume 5 hadith number 462:

Whenever Allah's Apostle intended to go on a journey, he used to draw lots amongst his wives, and Allah's Apostle used to take with him the one on whom lot fell. He drew lots amongst us during one of the Ghazwat which he fought. The lot fell on me and so I proceeded with Allah's Apostle after Allah's order of veiling (the women) had been revealed. I was carried (on the back of a camel) in my howdah and carried down while still in it (when we came to a halt). So we went on till Allah's Apostle had finished from that Ghazwa of his and returned. When we approached the city of Medina he announced at night that it was time for departure. So when they announced the news of departure, I got up and went away from the army camps, and after finishing from the call of nature, I came back to my riding animal. I touched my chest to find that my necklace which was made of Zifar beads (i.e. Yemenite beads partly black and partly white) was missing. So I returned to look for my necklace and my search for it detained me. (In the meanwhile) the people who used to carry me on my camel, came and took my howdah and put it on the back of my camel on which I used to ride, as they considered that I was in it. In those days women were light in weight for they did not get fat, and flesh did not cover their bodies in abundance as they used to eat only a little food. Those people therefore, disregarded the lightness of the howdah while lifting and carrying it; and at that time I was still a young girl. They made the camel rise and all of them left (along with it). I found my necklace after the army had gone.

Then I came to their camping place to find no call maker of them, nor one who would respond to the call. So I intended to go to the place where I used to stay, thinking that they would miss me and come back to me (in my search). While I was sitting in my resting place, I was overwhelmed by sleep and slept. Safwan bin Al-Muattal As-Sulami Adh-Dhakwani was behind the army. When he reached my place in the morning, he saw the figure of a sleeping person and he recognized me on seeing me as he had seen me before the order of compulsory veiling (was prescribed). So I woke up when he recited Istirja' (i.e. "Inna lillahi wa inna llaihi raji'un") as soon as he recognized me. I veiled my face with my head cover at once, and by Allah, we did not speak a single word, and I did not hear him saying any word besides his Istirja'. He dismounted from his camel and made it kneel down, putting his leg on its front legs and then I got up and rode on it. Then he set out leading the camel that was carrying me till we overtook the army in the extreme heat of midday while they were at a halt (taking a rest). (Because of the event) some people brought destruction upon themselves and the one who spread the Ifk (i.e. slander) more, was 'Abdullah bin Ubai Ibn Salul."

(Urwa said, "The people propagated the slander and talked about it in his (i.e. 'Abdullah's) presence and he confirmed it and listened to it and asked about it to let it prevail." Urwa also added, "None was mentioned as members of the slanderous group besides ('Abdullah) except Hassan bin Thabit and Mistah bin Uthatha and Hamna bint Jahsh along with others about whom I have no knowledge, but they were a group as Allah said. It is said that the one who carried most of the slander was 'Abdullah bin Ubai bin Salul." Urwa added, "'Aisha disliked to have Hassan abused in her presence and she used to say, 'It was he who said: My father and his (i.e. my father's) father and my honor are all for the protection of Muhammad's honor from you.").

Ibn Kathir in al Bidayah al Nihaya, Volume 4 page 160 writes the following:

"Then he (prophet) went to the people and addressed and then recited what Allah revealed in Quran, then he ordered that Mastah bin Uthatha, Hasaan bin thabit, Hamna bint Jahsh to be punished because they were among those who spread the allegation of adultery."

Here, the Companions lied. That is slander. But, here, we tell the truth from your own books. It’s completely different. This is called research.

Source:

My ever so awesome copy pastes :P
http://www.wilayat.net/index.php?option=...
  • 6
  • Comment

Other Answers (5)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • A prisoner in this world answered 4 years ago
    Assalam o Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh:
    Hope you are fine and in the best of healths!

Hazrat Aisha bint Abu Bakr (RA)
    http://apnimehfil.forumotion.com/hazrat-...
    (read the link the matters discussed in great detail)

Surah Nur (verses 12-21)
    http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=24...
    do read the tafsir - "Al-Ifk (the Slander)

The next ten Ayat were all revealed concerning `A'ishah, the mother of the believers, may Allah be pleased with her, when the people of slander and falsehood among the hypocrites made their accusations against her and spread lies about her. Allah became jealous on her behalf and on behalf of His Prophet , and revealed her innocence to protect the honor of the Messenger of Allah . "

A short biography of the Mother of All believers (may Allah be pleased with her)
    http://www.baharemadinah.com/index.php?o...

Source(s):

Cool Fundamentalist.

@asker:
    sorry i could not find any videos for you! will mail u if i find any.
    insha'Allah.

DO tell me if the following information was beneficial enough? (do comment if i missed anything out or if you are STILL in doubt of the matter!? k?)

jazakallahu khairan and All praises to Allah.
    May all muslimahs come to follow the fine example of Hazrat Aisha Siddiqa Radhi'Allahu Ta'ala Anhuma! the Mother of All believers!
    Ameen.
    • 5
    • Comment
  • Ninety9 answered 4 years ago
    salam, yes, i cant copy and paste anything right now, keep this question open until tomorrow, and inshAllah i will edit...

====================

Edit: No Sarah, i did not assume anything what so ever, no worries, brother Gaurdian posted a hadith I was gonna post, but I will add some more...

Bukhari
    Volume 9, Book 93, Number 635:
    Narrated 'Aisha:
    (when the slanderers said what they said about her): I went to my bed knowing at that time that I was innocent and that Allah would reveal my innocence, but by Allah, I never thought that Allah would reveal in my favor a revelation which would be recited, for I considered myself too unimportant to be talked about by Allah in the Divine Revelation that was to be recited. So Allah revealed the ten Verses (of Surat-an-Nur). 'Those who brought a false charge........' (24.11-20)

Bukhari
    Volume 5, Book 59, Number 463:
    Narrated Az-Zuhri:
    Al-Walid bin 'Abdul Malik said to me, "Have you heard that 'Ali' was one of those who slandered 'Aisha?" I replied, "No, but two men from your people (named) Abu Salama bin 'Abdur-Rahman and Abu Bakr bin Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Harith have informed me that Aisha told them that 'Ali remained silent about her case."
    • 6
    • Comment
  • OMAR X answered 4 years ago
    The Story

It was customary for Muhammad to take one of his wives with him whenever he launched a ‘ghazwa’ (i.e. Jihad raid), which, it would seem, was kind of going out for picnic to him. Muhammad enjoyed those ghazwas so much that he used to launch several of them every year. In the sixth year after hijra, Muhammad picked Aisha to accompany him in his campaign against the Jewish tribe of Bani Al Mustalik. The campaign was an easy success, because they were attack suddenly as they watered their cattle; most of the men were killed, and their wives and children were taken as slaves. Among the captives was Juwayriya, the beautiful wife of the tribe’s chief. The Islamic history sources focus on Juwayriya’s class and splendour and claim that she was one of the most beautiful women in Arabia. She was not only glamorous but also an eloquent woman, who was brought up as a princess. Aisha openly admitted that she hated Juwayriya from the first sight because of her stunning beauty, and she admitted that she was jealous of the female captive because, knowing her husband’s carnal lust, she was sure that Muhammad would be stunned by her exceptional beauty and start coveting her. Aisha couldn’t be more right; Muhammad immediately promoted Juwayriya from slave to his wife.

According to Aisha, as the army had an overnight stop on the way back to Medina, she felt the need to leave the camp to answer the call of nature. Her return to the camp was delayed because she had to search for her dropped necklace. When she came back to the camp, she found that the army had already left the site, and she stayed in her place hoping that Muhammad would realize that she was missing, and return to look for her. As it turned out, Muhammad did not come back to rescue her, and did not even notice her absence until his arrival to medina.

Aisha was soon spotted by Safwan Ibn Al Muattal, Muhammad Jihadi comrade, who had emigrated from Mecca. He was travelling on his own behind the army. He approached her, and offered her a ride on his camel. Aisha, sitting behind Safwan on his camel, made her way into Medina where Muhammad and his companions were waiting (1,2).

According to Ibn Hisham/Ibn Ishaq, that was the story told by Aisha. It implies that she spent more time in that desert ‘loo’ than the time it took the army to prepare to move and actually leave the place and completely disappear from sight. It also implies that she did not hear or sense the movement of an army of seven hundreds men, with their women, horses, camels, captives and slaves. The story also implies that Aisha was left behind without being discovered by Muhammad at all. The young and spoiled Aisha was not used to that level of inattention from her husband, who was probably too occupied with Juwayriya.

The sight of Aisha and Safwan entering the city of Medina was a remarkable oddity considering the situation and prevailing culture. The incident set off people to talk although the couple denied any wrongdoing. Ibn Abi Saloul, the leader of Al Khazraj tribe, was one of the few Arabs in Medina who opposed Muhammad and rejected his presence in the city. Saloul watched with disbelief as Aisha entered the city with a stranger and openly expressed his doubts that the couple couldn’t spend such a long time together without engaging in some sexual activity. Salul’s dirty thoughts were in fact in line with Muhammad’s own teachings; it was Muhammad, who stated in an authentic hadith, that “whenever a man and a woman are alone, the Satan is their third”. Saloul expressed openly what many people were saying in private.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • alireza answered 4 years ago
    AL ZOBEIR WA TALHA WERE in AISHA GROUP IN JAMAL
    buT zobeir left THE FIGHT CUZ HE KNEW THAT IMAM ALI IS RIGHT AND AISHE IS WRONG
    • 4
    • Comment
  • ? answered 4 years ago
    But why should Muslims believe it when it's never mentioned in the Quran?
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock