Ideas for Christening gift please?

My boyfriend's niece is going to be Christened 31st October and my boyfriend has been asked to be her god father.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what we can get her as a gift? I'd like to get her something a little different.

Thanks

xxx

Update:

sorry I forgot to mention, she's 16 months old and we're in the UK -Thanks :-)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Zoz
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Best answer

A silver money box, and open a bank account her parents can add to over the years (xmas's and birthdays etc or general savings) and then you can write her first cheque for a value you can afford £5-20.

Or a silver bangle, silver knife fork spoon set, silver keep sake box etc

i bought my first God son a Swarovski crystal train set it cost me a fortune and his mum threw it away thinking it was cheap tat, i now have 4 God kids and vowed not to spend too much after the first one lol, so silver items are both traditional and fairly inexpensive if your on a budget

• 9 years ago

Even though it's not traditional for parents to buy their child a gift I wanted to give my daughter something. My mum gave her a bible, her god parents gave her a christening bracelet and her aunties gave her a St Christopher's.

I bought her a sterling silver bookmark, with a ballet shoes pendant. Thought would be a little unusual and I really hope that she'll be a fan of reading when she gets older.

I bought it online, but I don't remember where from, I know that I just googled sterling bookmarks though.

• 9 years ago

There's a pretty thorough Christening gifts section here http://www.engravedgiftideas.com/acatalog/engraved...

Source(s): www.engravedgiftideas.com
  • 9 years ago

I sewed a small cross stitch for my cousins baby's christening gift... It was only a few pounds but took me a few hours to do and they were really pleased with it because it shows effort and you can personalise it with the babys name Xx

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • a guardian angel pendant or cross chain

• 9 years ago

Snooker table.

• 9 years ago

a "my first bible" bible. target and walmart both sell them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.