Would you consider microsoft security essentials good protection for your pc compared to AVG antivirus?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best Answer
  • Ed G answered 4 years ago
Yes I would for two reasons. One Avg free does not offer rootkit protection and many threats use rootkits. This is not a issue if you are using Windows 7 64 bit. The other reason is Microsoft has a higher detection rate. But Avast and Avira both have higher detection rates than Microsoft. Microsoft proactive protection is higher than the other free choices, but it's overall detection rate isn't as good as Avira or Avast.
  • Comment

Other Answers (8)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Giedrius M answered 4 years ago
    I would say MSE is better than free AVG, but worser (according to tests) than AVG internet security.
    The reason is that AVG free lacks some detection components.
    • Comment
  • Gary answered 4 years ago
    its way better works in background and uses windows defender already built in common sence microsoft wants their computers virus free windows live one care had a few holes but essentials does not
    • Comment
  • Dre' answered 4 years ago
    yes by far, i've only used avg once and it killed it own processes and deleted itself when there was a virus in the installation folder.

I don't want a anti-virus that kills itself and leave my pc unprotected
    • Comment
  • Indigo answered 4 years ago
    Microsoft Security Essentials is better free and it's not big
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Mommy answered 4 years ago
    yes. to be microsoft windows are the best,and some are free.If you have the trial version of avg.when that expires you have to pay for it to stay on.With microsoft security essentials it lets you know when you have a versus and what should be done about it.
    • Comment
  • Anisa answered 4 years ago
    its recommended
    • Comment
  • Jim808 answered 4 years ago
    Avg is good and quite easy to use and doesn't hog memory, it does have a download for root kit you run separate, As far as having a virus in your installation (were did you download from) I use Avg own web site or file hippo and have never had any problems. As far as MS own is concerned I never liked using it on a slower PC and It seemed to do a lot of feed back to MS etc..
    • Comment
  • Sattamander answered 4 years ago
    Just think for a minute, if Microsoft knew anything about security we would NOT need an anti virus and the LAST thing we need is for Microsoft to take over another market. If that happens then we all get the short end since you will be forced to buy their products or nothing.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block