How to deal with an ungrateful brother?

My brother is moving out.

His Plans:

1. moving in with a friend

2. no money

3. no job

4. no transportation

5. apparently the girlfriend can visit any time

He moved in with his friends family today, he even took his bed. I'm asking him how this will work?

Before he left my Dad said don't go here's a plan:

1. find a job

2. I'll help you get a car for transportation

3. once you have established your finances you can move in with your friend

4. you can only have your girlfriend over 3 times per week and she needs to leave by 11pm

Can someone explain to me why he didn't listen to my Dad?

I just broke it down this way so it's not long and easier to digest.

• Miss Q

I guarantee within a very short time, these "friends" will grow sick of your brother, and he'll be knocking on your door looking for a handout again

The reason he didn't listen? Freedom, man. Sometimes, a cat has to make his own bed. For more spiritual guidance on this subject read the parable of the Prodigal Son. (Luke 15:11-32) Here's a hint: what your brother has to done to his earthly father is what we have all done to God.

Yours in Christ, Nick

• Judy B

Why? Who knows -- maybe he doesn't want to live at home and he wants to visit his girlfriend any time. If he found someone willing to house and feed him for free, why wouldn't he do it. When the friend and the girlfriend get tired of the freeloader, he may move back.

Anyway, you don't need to "deal" with him. It's his life. Continue to visit and talk to him as you normally would, don't change anything.

• Tim A.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make the immature little brat grow up.