Is soccer slowly becoming more popular than hockey in Canada?

I've noticed that soccer has been gaining ground among canadians for the past few years. I know some people who play soccer at a daily basis but have never played hockey in their entire life, and don't even know how to skate. One could say that soccer is mostly popular among young females in North America.... show more I've noticed that soccer has been gaining ground among canadians for the past few years. I know some people who play soccer at a daily basis but have never played hockey in their entire life, and don't even know how to skate. One could say that soccer is mostly popular among young females in North America. but How long have we got until soccer outdoes hockey in popularity? I know it's much more popular than hockey is and will ever be in Europe and the rest of the world, But I'm talking about Canada here, as more kids seem to have been turning to soccer instead of choosing hockey.