Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Does anyone here adore animals but HATE those rescue commercials?

I love animals and are happy to see them rescued, but those commercials (take the ASPCA for example) can get a little disturbing... I know thats the point of making them so that people will donate but geez !! Does anyone else agree ?

@ JellyBeanHippos - thanks for the video suggestion. Hahahahahahahaha !

I always change the channel when those commercials come on.

i completely agree. i love animals! but i shouldn't be forced to watch heart breaking commercials that are some what disturbing while i'm trying to watch a funny show. same with the commercials about the little kids.

watch the 15 cents video by Dane Cook. it's the truth. we need more of what he says, instead of terrible commercials. everyone changes the channel until it's over anyway because they are sad.

• Mel

Animals are my weakness. That one advert with Sarah McLachlan and all those sad-looking cats and dogs...I bawl my eyes out if it's on for more than 10 seconds.

So, I don't hate them, as I think it's important to raise awareness, but it's rather embarrassing watching them when with company, as I, without fail, end up in tears.

Story of my life.

I LOVE animals, but seeing them like that makes me so sad ! I even cry sometimes, lol I'm a softie. But it just shows the truth on how lots of them have to live i guess. Gets the point across. But it makes me want to pick up the phone and all! Though, im only 16, i would. :) .......Once i have a job, lol.

I know what chu mean. I love the animals but the commercials are depressing

• Yeah but I don't hate the commercials

haha yeah...i love animals but those commercials make even me feel like crap for not donating.

I dont adore animals and those commercials gross me out. I change them immediately.

i hate the commercials cuz it reminds me how many animals are going through that out there :(

• Dennis

lol i do i hate the commercials half the money doesn't even go to saving the animals -.-