Kiko
Kiko asked in PetsDogs · 10 years ago

Keeping my hairless dog warm on walks?

Obviously she still needs walks if it's raining but she gets SO cold, even with her dog coat on. It's a typical English summer here with 6 days torrential rain and 1 day of sun every week, but my god does she shiver on walks! Any tips? I was thinking about cutting the bottom off of baby mittens and making her something to go over her 'ankles' to help but it's hardly going to do much..

She's a Chinese Crested, 7 months :)

I put at the start 'even with her coat on'..a coat isn't enough for her..

Favorite Answer

Buy her a fleece for the dry days, and a mac for wet days - I have a fleece for dry days, a mac for wet warm days, and a fleece-lined mac for wet winter days for my Whippet. I bought most of mine off Ebay. Check it out!

What about a fleece/sheepskin lined wax jacket?

The wax is waterproof so isn't a breathable fabric so should keep the warmth in?

Failing that shear a sheep and glue it on to her lol! xx

make a coat yourself, that's what i did.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spudwood/4254473006/i...

Alterntivly try using having a couple of layers, like a jumper underneath and then a coat on top. whatever you do you will need to come up with a solution before winter comes along.

Get her a coat

look up dog raincoats and fleece jackets online. there are some very comfortable ones available now that you can order, and you can size your dog by measuring around her chest and neck.

ADD:::::::::::::::::;

would it help if you layered a fleece under a raincoat?

you can also buy booties for her, that might help.