Doctor says my liver function is "high" what does this mean?

went for a random Blood test and my liver function came back High.

I went for second blood test and was sent for an ultrasound after this.

went back to the Docs and saw some random doc who said to me that she was reading my file and my liver test results before coming to introduce herself and she was expecting to step into the room to see an obese man. I'm medium build exercise on my days off and walk/ cycle to work everyday. she told me Ive got a liver of a man who had recently lost a lot of weight or or an obese man.

they found some fatty tissue around my liver and told me that if it doesn't go away I can Get very fat, Very fast. is there any way of preventing this? I quite like being thin.

Favorite Answer

'Fatty liver' is very common these days. As soon as we begin to put on weight some of the fat is stored in the liver. This used to be thought of as benign, but is now known to be linked to a form of non-alcoholic cirrhosis that can develop in later life. Check your BMI and take it from there.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bminojs.htm

Source(s): GP for more years than I care to remember

Yes you can eat and exercise your way to health in a safe moderate but steady way and sometimes the liver can get better. I imagine that they will suggest some changes along those lines.

I highly recommend The Zone" book ...you can learn all about it for about ten bucks in a little pocketbook. It is all about eating fresh natural and filling foods that help your body stay younger and healthy. Cheers!

Source(s): Life Coach
  • hana s

You probably know the answer. dont eat any of that food that we all like butter mmmmm cheese mmmmmmm pizza mmmm take aways curries chips all that yummy stuff

well its not all bad u can still buy low fat cheese, semi skimmed milk, low fat spead.

i have dieted before when i was fat, but now i am medium like u and like eating lots of fatning foods if i ever get fat then i will diet lol