When you started school had your mind already picked up attitudes, beliefs or unbeliefs from your parents?

The atheist scientist Richard Dawkins campaigns against faith schools in the UK because he says that the schools indoctrinate them with mythical religious ideas that confuse factual knowledge. My argument is that school children have already picked up the attitudes, biases religious beliefs and habits of those at... show more The atheist scientist Richard Dawkins campaigns against faith schools in the UK because he says that the schools indoctrinate them with mythical religious ideas that confuse factual knowledge.
My argument is that school children have already picked up the attitudes, biases religious beliefs and habits of those at home.. There can be no such thing as a child starting school with a mind that is like a blank canvas. This seems to be what Dawkins dreams of.
I say that as a scientist, Dawkins is peculiarly weak on human psychology.
Update: To 'Discuss Religion', thank you for your sincere answer but in fact you did not keep to my question. I was making no comment on parents beliefs, only that they effect and are absorbed by the pre-school-child - an idea that seems alien to Dawkins - and him a scientist! Young children are like sponges -fact!