My dog died today and I can't stop crying?

I got my dog Lucy as a birthday present when I was in 1st grade. I had no brothers or sisters so I actually thought of Lucy as a best friend, someone I could play with all day long. I'm almost 16 now, and this morning my mom called me crying and told me that Lucy had a stroke, and died late last night. I'm... show more I got my dog Lucy as a birthday present when I was in 1st grade. I had no brothers or sisters so I actually thought of Lucy as a best friend, someone I could play with all day long. I'm almost 16 now, and this morning my mom called me crying and told me that Lucy had a stroke, and died late last night. I'm currently staying with other family members, and right now, I can't stop crying. I even had a permit test to do today, but I canceled it because I didn't want to take the test with all the bad thoughts of her passing running through my head. I'll admit, I'm being a little rude to my other relatives because they don't seem to give a sh it that my dog passed, and keep telling me to get over it. But I can't. Lucy was my first dog, and now I'm never going to see her again. As of right now, I'm locked in my bedroom listening to music, and wiping my tears away. How can I cope with her loss? It's going to be really weird coming home everyday and her not being there...and it's going to be so hard to look at her empty bed right by my bedroom door everyday. How can I get over this?
Update: My dog was twelve, you ******* asshole.
7 answers 7