Teenage mental health?

My 14 year old daughter has always said she sees people and i haven't taken much notice. Over the last year to 18 months she says she hears voices, sometimes multiple voices and has been experiencing audio and visual hallucinations. She genuinely believes its some kind of psychic strength. However in the... show more My 14 year old daughter has always said she sees people and i haven't taken much notice. Over the last year to 18 months she says she hears voices, sometimes multiple voices and has been experiencing audio and visual hallucinations. She genuinely believes its some kind of psychic strength.
However in the last year the voices are asking her to seek revenge on their killers and asking her to harm herself and her sisters.
She hasn't done this but now cannot handle whats going on in her head and to be honest neither can i.
She is very angy and tearful all of the time because she cannot control the voices or visions and its totally changed her personality.
She has gone from being a very outgoing and happy to teen to a miserable, angry and unhappy person.

After several months of going back n forth to the doctor, i have finally got a child psychologist to talk to her and us as a family.
Initially we were told we would have a 1 hour consultation. This became 2 hours and at the end we were told he needs at least another 4 sessions with her to tell us whats wrong.
He also advised us not to undermine what she is going through because she IS hearing and seeing stuff and its real to her and frightening.
He did say that as this stage we cannot say she is schizophrenic or suffering phsycosis. He did say she has low self worth and she is anxious.
He also advised that she is displaying a complex set of symptoms.

I am so worried about her. I would like to hear from anyone else who has experienced this with their teenager and how long it took to get a diagnosis and what the outcome was.

The chap asked my daughter if she felt suicidal and she said she does. He said that she is not an emergency as she hasn't tried to take her life or threatened anyone Else's life. Obviously i dont want it to come to that either.

We have to go back in 2 weeks.

Thanks for your time