Trying to remember a superb Mexican film on TV from around 5-6 years ago?

Now, I usually don't have time for vague questions, so I will try to be as specific as I can. Around 2004 or 2005 there was an excellent Mexican (I think it was Mexican, but it MIGHT have been Spanish)(here we go!) film on Channel 4 (or Film 4). My recollection is that it was about a group of people in the... show more Now, I usually don't have time for vague questions, so I will try to be as specific as I can.

Around 2004 or 2005 there was an excellent Mexican (I think it was Mexican, but it MIGHT have been Spanish)(here we go!) film on Channel 4 (or Film 4). My recollection is that it was about a group of people in the desert under siege from a group of rather nasty 'bandits'. The film followed the struggle of the besieged people in outwitting and defeating the bandits to escape. I seem to remember a young boy escaping and trying to reach help, a scene with a large truck (either someone escaping or being captured) and a rather bloody ending to the film.

I know this is a long shot, but I want to try to get the film on DVD. None of the lists of 'top Mexican films' have revealed this among them and so I am hoping that someone else might have seen this film and can point me in the right direction.

Fingers crossed!
Update: MissLimLam - not one of your greater moments!

Grim Fandango - thanks for trying to help. I had already scoured quite a few lists of 'best Mexican films' and the like. I'm afraid the IMDB site revealed nothing new (its search parameters seem a little too wide).
Update 2: Fandango: Thanks, I'm going to give them a try!

i.jones: Sorry if this gives you a sleepless night. If you remember it, you'll be my real-life hero as well as my Lost Ark one.