Which is a better city to visit - Izmir or Antalya?

Hi, Myself and a mate are visiting Istanbul in September and after 3 full days there, we were going to go to either Izmir or Antalya. We have 8 full days in Turkey and arrive on a Friday evening. We need to be back in Istanbul on the Saturday of the following week for the flight back to Dublin so our time... show more Hi,

Myself and a mate are visiting Istanbul in September and after 3 full days there, we were going to go to either Izmir or Antalya. We have 8 full days in Turkey and arrive on a Friday evening. We need to be back in Istanbul on the Saturday of the following week for the flight back to Dublin so our time visiting either of the two would be from the Tuesday of week 2 to the Saturday.

Which do ye recommend? Both look nice, especially Antalya.

And what are Turkish Airlines like for internal flights(we're taking them from Dublin to Istanbul and I've heard mixed reviews of them. Heard one comment that their domestic flights are better than international ones)?

If going to Izmir, will probably take train / ferry but would probably fly if going to Antalya. How long is that flight?

Thanks in advance for your help!

B.