i dropped charges of domestic violence to my husband is it possible that my parents could press charges on him?

hi im 21 years old a few days ago i press charges for domestic violence on my husband but i dropped the charges because i didnt want him to go to jail. is it possible that my parents could press charges on him eventhough im alredy an adult and married

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Ellie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

No your parents can not charge him. You are an adult and the you make the decision. The assault was committed on you not your parents, so no they can not charge him.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

he's a violent bully. He threw the table at you no longer being concerned what injury it brought about, he incredibly did this on purpose. you're saying that's the 1st time and then say "he has been offended ans aggressive yet infrequently hurts me" - so that's no longer the 1st time is it? This behaviour is abusive. He 'infrequently ever hurts you'????/ If he ever hurts you, on an identical time as quickly as that's attack. What occasion is this placing on your toddlers? it rather is is sweet for somebody to apply violence and aggression to settle a controversy. you will possibly desire to get your toddlers properly faraway from this guy. If he gets help for his subject - it according to threat that there is a few desire sooner or later for you. yet once you back down now, no longer something will exchange and you will the two be responsible for the consequence that this might have on your toddlers as they enhance up.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

With the wonderful VAWA the DA does not need the wife to press charges and will usually prosecute regardless.

Source(s): Thank your feminist sisters.
  • 1 decade ago

It is possible that the state could press charges

You need to get some therapy - if these charges are real - he will for sure hit you again or worse -- your parents might find you dead

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kpopp
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You gave the right answer: you are an adult and it is up to you to press charges.

• sarah
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

This question is just so depressing. As you say, though, you are an adult so it's your choice. Don't bring any kids into this mess.

• Amy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The prosecutor can proceed with the case even without your help.

I hope he or she does so.

• 1 decade ago

No.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.