samson8450 asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

what is normal bowel movements a day for dogs?

It really depends on the dog and also on the food. Garbage in, garbage out so to speak.

The lower the quality of dog food and the higher the filler, the more he will poop. A high quality food will have less waste processed through the dog. All the same the dog still has to go, even on a raw diet.

Average seems to be around 2 - 3 times a day.

I've never had a dog that only went 3 times a week, even on a raw diet. Always at least twice a day.

Depends on the size of the dog, and how much you feed him. Most puppies and dogs go 2-3 times a day, puppies being in the "3" category because they eat more than an adult.

Crystaloo- Your dog goes 3 times a week?! Either your not feeding your dog much, or something is wrong w/ him. Does your vet know? My dog eats Blue Buffalo which is an all natural dog food and she goes 3 times a day.

• Kate M

It depends on what you feed, how often you feed and your dog. Some dogs only poop once or maybe twice a day while others need to go 3-5 times.

You should take your dog out to go at least 3-4 times a day to pee and he should poop at the same times.

Each dog is different, so you will have to get to know your dog.

I have also never had a dog go 3 times a week, and I have owned dogs my entire life (24 years). My two big dogs (75lb) go 2 to three times daily. My little dog goes about 1-2 times daily. All have the same dog food. Low grain, high meat content.

Source(s): dog owner and lover

My dog is on a raw diet, he goes 3 times a day, twice int he morning and once in the evening, he does a huge steaming pile of poo in the morning, but only a little poop in the evening.

Ive never herd of a dog only going 3 times a week either.

I don't know what's "normal", but my dogs I guess it's about 2-3 times a day

my dog poops 2 or 3 times a day. sometimes more or less depending on if he ate something other than his usual food!

also my dog is on very expensive and nutrient filled food... 2 or 3 times a week like the one person said is not enough... they should have their dog looked at!

My dog usually poops twice a day but every once in a while he does 3

Depends on what you feed your dog.

If you feed them a more nutrient dense dog food, they won't go as often. Mine goes 3 times a week.

If you feed them off brand or low end dog food, probably once a day.

I feed mine Blue Wilderness, for instance, which is a nutrient packed, grain free food.

I have 2 large dogs and apparently its a wheel barrel load every 2 seconds, yup my neighbors luuuuuv me