Is learning foreign languages a sin?

Genesis 11:9 That is why it was called Babel--because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth. Does this mean that the biblical god does not want people to understand people of other nations? If yes, is learning foreign... show more Genesis 11:9 That is why it was called Babel--because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

Does this mean that the biblical god does not want people to understand people of other nations? If yes, is learning foreign languages violating the will of god, hence a sin? And how about translations? And interpreting? They enable cross-cultural communication, don´t they?
I am an atheist, I don´t believe in such things, but I speak six languages and want to be an interpreter one day. Does that mean that if I were Christian I would be pretty much screwed?
So - does this biblical quote mean learning foreign languages is a sin? Or in what other way do you Christians understand it?

Source:
http://bible.cc/genesis/11-9.htm