Why do hockey players dislike figure skaters? :( or Visa Versa?

*Not saying all do* i have recently heard a hockey player mention his hate for figure skaters, then i came on here and noticed that its more then just a few people. and also, ive heard figure skaters hating on the hockey players. I hear that the hockey players dont like that: - We Make Holes In The Ice ... show more *Not saying all do*

i have recently heard a hockey player mention his hate for figure skaters, then i came on here and noticed that its more then just a few people. and also, ive heard figure skaters hating on the hockey players. I hear that the hockey players dont like that:

- We Make Holes In The Ice
from our toe picks, and that this causes them to trip, and screw up their knees. Well, im skating on the same ice, and dont notice the holes to be a big problem, plus, thats what the zamboni is there for.

- We Wear Skanky Clothes
we wear skirts (that actually dont show our butts) and short shorts because it gives us a wider range of movement. but we actually normally wear that or pants (stretchy pants... of course).

- We Are Alone On The Ice
at competition, sure, a few days a year. At practice? nooo way. we have as many skaters on ice as a hockey game, all determined to do their routine with out stopping, so we do have to look out constantly. If i had nickle for every time i said " excuse me!" or "watch out"...

-We Have To Wear Make Up And Do Our Hair For Skating.
again, a competition thing. Its only a few times a year that we get to, and it helps add to the effect of our preformance. Its fun to do, but if you dont want to wear make up, you really dont have to. As for hair, if its long enough, we keep it up in a ponytail or bunto keep it out of our face. And at comp. for judges to be less distracted. just a convenience thing.

- We Take Up Valuable Ice Time
because its 'not a sport'. Its in a the Olympics, so i would say that it is a sport. it is deffinetly not a game though. Hockey is a sport and a game, Skating is a sport and a preformance. And I wish that we did take up the good ice time! alot of the time, we have the early morning, weekday practices. waking up at 4:30= not the greatest.

-We Are Snobby
depends, a person can be snobby no matter what sport they play, and the skaters i know (including myself) are not. but who knows, go to another club, and you might find a few, but its unrelivant.

one point i didnt understand- We Dont Wear Sweaty Clothes?
umm... well, i guess its just that hockey equipment is a lot more expensive, so you only have a set or two of it. skating clothes (any shirt, sweater, tight/pants, shorts/skirt) are exceptionally cheaper, so we have various outfits that we can wash to keep clean.

an other one i dont quite get- Its Not Called An Ice Skating Rink, Its A Hockey Rink.
ours is called a skating rink (anytype of skating), or a rink, or arena.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...

and the skaters (again, not all) say that:

female hockey players are manly
i know a figure skater who is also a hockey player, and cheerleader who is also a hockey player, and they arent manly! i also know more.. masculine.. looking figure skaters too. so it not really a true stereo type of hockey players.

they are rude
nope, not the ones i know :) aaccept one... lol. depends on person, not sport!

they are not as tough as skaters cause they have padding, we dont.
yes, we do fall with no padding, and yess it can be very painful, but there is a reason the padding is there for the hockey players- cause if not, they would constantly suffer horrible injuries such as broken bones, cuncussions, death, or paralises. plus, that padding looks like it gets really hot and sweaty!

they leave blood on the ice
well, this is true sometimes, and its kinda gross, put its not a big deal ;)

so,

- do you think skating or hockey is harder?
- why do you think either hates eachother?

i dont hate either sport. i am a skater and i fully respect hockey. =) i personally think that either sport is only as hard as how much effort you put in to it. <3
7 answers 7