How hard is it for a guy to stop being gay and start liking girls more?

Im asking because I use to be completely straight and I had a bi friend. He use to be really interested in me, I never knew he was bi at the time, I thought he was straight. But back then when he brought up gay stuff, asking me stuff like "would you rather date a ugly bit ch or a nice gay guy?". I use to always respond to questions like that by saying stuff like "being gay is disgusting".

Now im bi, and when I look back at things, im certain he was too. Now im trying to hint that im interested in him (im very interested in him, he's the reason im bi), but it seems like he likes girls now. He always likes to talk about certain girls, he obviously likes them.

I don't know if he turned straight because the way I use to act. But I like him now! Do you think someone could just stop being bi/gay?.. Do you think he'll eventually start liking guys again? Maybe he was just curious...

In your case, I dont see a case of "gay" or "straight", I see a case of who you have affection for.

There are some people in this world who's mentality are far beyond sexuality. They arent interested in sex, as it were....and more interested in the actual person.

These people tend to "fall" for whoever they consider the best in human nature. In other words, you are attracted to thier personality and thier soul, not what sex they are.

This is good for you, as you should be able to distinguish between true people and phoney people very easily.

I wouldnt worry about being "gay" or "straight"....just who you are drawn too. Just remember though, not everybody is like you. A lot of people arent mentally past the "male" and "female" and "gay" and "straight" thing, and can understand this.

This is something you have to be aware of when talking with other people as to not give yourself away, because most people find this disturbing and "freaky". To them, you are either "gay" or "straight".

There arent a lot of people in this country who are far above the sexual stereotypes and male/female thing....but they are out there. These types of people are usually conflicted within themselves because they are confused about all the "labels" society puts on everyone....so they have no idea what kind of person they are in this respect. Some just trod along in life and just try to stick with one gender or the other, and some discover what is really going on with themselves and follow this accordingly.

If you like someone more than another person, then see where it leads. Just because you like someone very much, does not mean you have to involve sex. If you two guys are best friends, then just be happy you have a best friend in your life. Dont push anything, if it happens between you two guys, then it will happen. If not, then you still have a good friend.

If you are bi, you'll always be bi. The only thing you can choose is who to have relationships with. You can choose to have only straight relationships, or only gay ones, and you might make different choices at different stages of your life. But that doesn't change your basic orientation.

It's definitely possible! Most psychologists agree that sexuality is on a fluid continuum, and that there's nothing to prevent you from changing your orientation; just look at all the women who suddenly become lesbians mid-life! Most people are not 100% straight or 100% gay, in fact, 50% of gay men are actually bisexual.

the ******* guys that says the 1 that was born a gay or bi wont change r complete idiots, every1 was born straight and am glade that i follow a true religion that makes me always straight and i have god that am scared of.

anyways just leave that friend and remember that being a man is the best thing

you said it yourself, he was bi. clearly, he has now attained a preferance for girls. no-one can stop being bi or gay. he probably does still have a small flame for men, dormant somewere deep inside. the fun part for you is to try and see if you can wake it up.

Impossible, so harder than a lot. It is not unusual for young people to describe themselves differently as time goes by, but a person who is really gay is always gay.

You can't turn anything, your born gay straight or bisexual. If he is in fact bisexual at the moment he may have more an interest in girls I say you just tell him you like him.

• DaveK

Just because you guys had a mutual attraction, doesn't necessarily mean either one of you are or "were" gay. It's quite common for one man to have fantasies for another.

One man in six is entirely homosexual.

One man in six is mostly homosexual.

One man in six homosexual half the time.

One man in six is so mixed up and brainwashed, that he hates himself and becomes dangerous.

One man in six is mostly heterosexual.

One man in six is entirely heterosexual.

Many people feel they have to hide their homosexual feelings, their heterosexuality is often very fragile, and they feel it threatened in some cases. Mostly, however, it is to hide their own homosexual streak by throwing the first stone. This makes life difficult for gay people in some places.

Here's the lowdown:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scal…

Source(s): Surveys by Masters and Johnson, Shere Hite, Kinsey, a NY Chief of Police in the 1950s.

No. If you are Bi, now, you were always Bi.