How can I get into my BMW if the battery is dead, and the driver's side door isn't opening from the outside?

I have a 2001 BMW X5. Before the battery was dead, I was having problems with opening the driver's door from the outside. I would unlock it normally (by remote or manually), but pulling the outside handle didn't open the door. So I used to have to reach in through the window, or through another... show more I have a 2001 BMW X5.
Before the battery was dead, I was having problems with opening the driver's door from the outside. I would unlock it normally (by remote or manually), but pulling the outside handle didn't open the door. So I used to have to reach in through the window, or through another door.

But now the battery's dead, so all those options don't seem to be possible. (The windows don't go down, and no other lock pops up when there's no battery power).

If I can get inside the car, I'll be fine (I can get to the battery, etc).

So the question is, other than breaking a window, how can I get into the car?

My ideas -
1. get some way to put enough juice into the car to allow the key to open doors. But how?

2. some way around the door mechanism. But how?

Thanks in advance
Update: MSC - Please think before answering. How can you manually open any other door? Only driver's lock pops up when there's no power. Silly
Update 2: eeyore - yeah, I got one of those tools to reach the inside handle, but your thought was right - it didn't open the door. We even pulled up the passenger side door lock (with a hooked piece of wire), and the door still didn't open. It's like it's a security measure or something. Couldn't reach... show more eeyore - yeah, I got one of those tools to reach the inside handle, but your thought was right - it didn't open the door. We even pulled up the passenger side door lock (with a hooked piece of wire), and the door still didn't open. It's like it's a security measure or something.
Couldn't reach the hood release, but I'll keep trying. Any other ideas?

8020 - no, can't go through the trunk because the battery is dead and trunk is locked. To manually open the trunk, you have to go through the inside of the car. :-(