Lauren asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

why does my cat bite me when i sing?

my cat bite runs to me and puts her face into mine and bites me. but when i stop she purrs lol. she's so cute!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

well, it could be one of two things, she could be love biting you ir she doesnt like your singing, cats have sensitive ears, you could be singing in a way that bothers depending on your pitch. dont listen to the people below, im sure you have a great voice, and dont really think cats are sensitive to the way people sing hahaha. like i love singing and my cat doesnt really care, are you an alto or soprano? if your singing lower then maybe she doesnt like it. on the other hand maybe she loves it so much that shes giving you love bites. is she just gnawing on you or biting aggresively? if shes biting your face then thats a cats way of kissing you. if it hurts so much that you want it to stop then blow in her face and say in a loud, low, and strong voice "NO!" i dunno about you but i think its adarable when my kitty bites me because normally she's lick my aftarward which is like saying sorry. cats dont generally know that biting hurts you and they say that by licking you afterward :) hope it helps :) ^_^

• Mystic
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

My cat does this. He hates loud sounds, people fighting and singing. If two people are fighting he runs bites their ankles, scratches then walks away as if he has done nothing.

• 1 decade ago

Probably because your singing isn't pleasing to your cat's ears. Try a voice lesson or not singing around your cat.

• Lol! when i make a certain noise and crouch down as low as my cat, Vlad, he runs up and slaps me with his paw. It's so funny. I think it's a playful thing(:

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bryce
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Because you sound like Justin Bieber. Cats hate Justin Bieber.

• 1 decade ago

maybe shes trying to tell you that you cant sing

• 1 decade ago

excuse me - SHE is the singer in the family -

and SHE is the ALPHA female - you have been put into your place

LOL rof

puuurrrrrrrrr - seeeeeeee - you understand meeeeeeee purrrrrrrrrr

all the best

Source(s): Dogs have Masters Cats have STAFF! Bella, Bootsie and Sophie
  • 1 decade ago

Maybe because you can't sing?

• 1 decade ago

Lol, i think you might be out of tune, that or tuna, hahahaha

• 1 decade ago

maybe you sound good

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.