Jehovah's Witnesses: Why did Jesus choose your organization in 1919 when it's teachings were incorrect?
For example, "the Truth" WAS...
- to worship Jesus, (1918 The Finished Mystery page 290)
- that Jesus became king in 1878 (not 1914) (1918 The Finished Mystery page 66)
- books dictated by fallen angels to humans (1924 Angels and Women)
- the Cross instead of a torture stake (1918 The Finished Mystery page 418)
- that Jesus returned invisibly in 1874 (1918 The Finished Mystery page 60)
- that the 1000 year reign of Christ started in 1874 (1918 The Finished Mystery page 386)
- that the “other sheep” were to be in Heaven and number approximately 411,840,000 (1918's The Finished Mystery page 102-103)
- that World War 1 is Armageddon (1917 Pastor Russell’s Sermons, page 676)
The Watchtower, of course, no longer teaches these things as "the truth," so why did Jesus chose an organization that was so full of darkness and paganism?
So you're saying that Jesus picked them even tho He knew they were wrong and would be teaching false truth for 100 years or more in the future? That doesn't sound like something Jesus would do.
Is there any Scriptural backing to prove Jesus actually chose the Watchtower org in 1919?
Yes, but your "faith" in this case, Mindy, is to be invested in the immutable work of Jesus Christ, and NOT in an earthly man-made organization.
I am not questioning the Bible, nor the disciples, or even Christ, I'm questioning a self-proclaimed chosen-by-God group concept. The Jews can make this claim, I suppose, because they wrote the Hebrew Scriptures. The Watchtower didn't write the Bible.
Is it possible you are "captivated by a cencept"? The cencept being that the earthly organization known at the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society can not possibly be wrong?
The Bible hasn't been proved wrong.
Satan also works very hard to win hearts.