Why are corner shops always owned by Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshi's in Britain?

It's just a little weird that's all... Why do white or black families not own corner shops or newsagents? Why is it always the Asian persuasion?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best answer

It's like that in America also. I don't know why...

• 3 years ago

Positioned in Southern California, maybe not definately not the Mexico edge, San Diego could be the oldest community in California, established in 1769 and if you intend to know a town with a charming natural beauty and a nice weather, with moderate conditions and a lot of sunshine with hotelbye you should start. In San Diego you can visit: museums, gardens, Spanish Colonial model architecture within Balboa Park, the entire world popular San Diego Zoo, and the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum. SeaWorld San Diego is among the city's major attractions, particularly for families. It is found along the waterfront in Mission Bay. For several American's SeaWorld has been quite a long time family convention, having existed because the 1960s. Among the highlights would be the assortment of reveals presenting killer whales, sea lions, dolphins, and other sea life. You will find all kinds of flights from roller coasters plunging into water, to more sedate carnival form rides for tots. SeaWorld is definitely an aquarium that allows for up close looks at sharks and other sea animals that may be seen via an fat tube, along with feel tanks, and close activities with dolphins and people of tidal pools.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I'm a AfrianAmerican born in Philadelphia and now reside in San Diego.

This is a good sociology question.

In the black community growing up, no one aspires to be a store keep. It's the kind of vocation that is look down upon here.Kids wanna be basketball of football stars; smart kids wanna be doctors and lawyers. Other people from other countries think quite differently. They feel they will never worry about feeding their family if they own a food store; they also think in terms of owning 2 or 3 food stores and they don't have to worry about jobs for their family.

People here, we're always thinking about getting rich instead of being prosperous .

• 9 years ago

Years ago when corner shops were run by whites the shops would only be open from 9 to 5 pm. The asian work on the principle "sell it cheap and sell a lot" so they will keep open long hours to make a decent profit.They are the only ones willing to work unsocial hours.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Because alot of them are fans of 'Open All Hours' with Ronnie Barker and David Jason.

To ZP,who said whites aren't good at it but Asians are,you are talking thru your ****! White folk had been running corner shops for hundreds of years before the Asians invaded and took over! I don't think they will last,because where i live there are too many Asian corner shops,all selling the same stuff and half the time there are no customers.Also alot of food shops run by Asians are closing down by me because of poor hygene,mice,rats and out of date food.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They're the only ones willing to work 18 hours a day, 7 days a week; for peanuts.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Because they are willing to do the work necessary.

• 9 years ago

They're good at it. White folks aren't. Blacks? Don't know why not.

• 9 years ago

i'm not sure, great question though!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.