How to get Router information ?

Supposed I am a network administrator (home) and want to get router information...Without going into Router's configuration page (192.168.x.x) how do I get router info...The big question for me right now is SNMP used to retrieve info?...How do I track health of my router..
Update: I actually didn't mean i don't want to use IP of the Router. I wanted to do that using some SNMP software (like GetIF) .These questions came out of my honest attempt of learning SNMP. I was wondering if I could get notifications for any bad performance (high temperature for e.g.) my router is having. The... show more I actually didn't mean i don't want to use IP of the Router. I wanted to do that using some SNMP software (like GetIF) .These questions came out of my honest attempt of learning SNMP. I was wondering if I could get notifications for any bad performance (high temperature for e.g.) my router is having. The router is Belkin 54g. I'll have to check if my router supports SNMP.