Seriously - Why not kill myself now?

I am speaking existentially and biologically. I have passed on my genes. There is obviously no "higher power". Genetics are "it", and I have procreated and raised a child successfully to adulthood and procreative age. Is there really, truly any point to remaining alive? I hurt so badly... show more I am speaking existentially and biologically. I have passed on my genes. There is obviously no "higher power". Genetics are "it", and I have procreated and raised a child successfully to adulthood and procreative age.
Is there really, truly any point to remaining alive? I hurt so badly (which I know is a side effect of achieveing one's biological imperative) but there is no point to it. All I do now is create a carbon footprint.
Update: Don't give me religion/God stuff. All that is created by humans. I will accept any scientific/mental well-being responses. God/spirituality - all made-up. Like homeopathy.
Update 2: And, at 40, I don't consider myself an "emo-kid". I am, on appearance, the stereotypical blonde, blue-eyed, Girl (well, Older Girl....) next door).
Update 3: I help kids and animals every day. I do "get off my butt". I'm already on antidepresants. I fake happiness every day for other people. I already go to a counselor. I effing volunteer 4x a week, I'm a teacher, and I help at a stray dog shelter.