A couple of questions about the German language?

i know i've asked yahoo answers a lot of questions about the German language, and I didnt have any questions, well none that were straightforward at least. so here are my questions, while skipping through the chase: what are of separable prefixes, like "ab" in "abfahren". where does it go... show more i know i've asked yahoo answers a lot of questions about the German language, and I didnt have any questions, well none that were straightforward at least. so here are my questions, while skipping through the chase:

what are of separable prefixes, like "ab" in "abfahren". where does it go when it is separated?

I noticed when in the present tense "i go" and present progressive "i am going", English speakers may interpret the sentence wrong just by that, wouldnt we? Well, in one sense, I guess we wouldn't.

also, my other question is in German, the use of "auf" and "in". they both relatively mean the same thing, so how would I know the difference in using them?

Spanish itself is way more simple than German, if you ask me. I took three years of it in high school and some various online programs, but German, past the Basics, is hard, when forming sentences. reading and translating a document from English to German is really easy for me, and although my accent sounds Deutsch, I have a real hard time understanding people, in Spanish, German, and Russian. I love to speak it, and I am going to make a career out of it.

anyways, vielen dank für die Helfen!!
1 answer 1