a couple of questions about the German language?

i know i've asked yahoo answers a lot of questions about the German language, and I didnt have any questions, well none that were straightforward at least. so here are my questions, while skipping through the chase:

what are of separable prefixes, like "ab" in "abfahren". where does it go when it is separated?

I noticed when in the present tense "i go" and present progressive "i am going", English speakers may interpret the sentence wrong just by that, wouldnt we? Well, in one sense, I guess we wouldn't.

also, my other question is in German, the use of "auf" and "in". they both relatively mean the same thing, so how would I know the difference in using them?

Spanish itself is way more simple than German, if you ask me. I took three years of it in high school and some various online programs, but German, past the Basics, is hard, when forming sentences. reading and translating a document from English to German is really easy for me, and although my accent sounds Deutsch, I have a real hard time understanding people, in Spanish, German, and Russian. I love to speak it, and I am going to make a career out of it.

anyways, vielen dank für die Helfen!!

"what are of separable prefixes, like "ab" in "abfahren". where does it go when it is separated?"

They go at the end of the sentence.

"the use of "auf" and "in". they both relatively mean the same"

They don't: "auf" can mean various things including physically "on"; or figuratively "in" (as in "auf Deutsch" = "in German"); or "upon" in a figurative "when it happens" sense (as in "auf wiedersehen"). You just have to learn the idiom: what they mean in context.