you think human life started on mars?

or maybe we started as a microscopic bacteria on a and we reacted to the elements and evolved into what we are today? - just wondered what peoples views are - any info links much appreciated

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

i think our life started when our planet merged with other rocks in space, like asteroids. the elements to grow life were there, and when we finally established an orbit around the sun, and we were not disturbed by other major collisions, we finally had the warmth of the sun to grow life to what it is today.

I think we would find elements on mars that we could find on earth and vice versa, but we probably had collided with something else that let us pick up these elements.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Yah! quite thought provoking! Mars has huge polar Dry ice (i.e. solid CO2), to make mars inhabitable its temperature could be increased by vapourising the polar CO2 (to induce green house effect) by some sort of explosion, any guess! yes, thermonuclear explosion which would relese clean energy and with in 100 years the temp. could be earth like and blue green algae could be planted to produce oxygen. Even methods could be derived to divide CO2 to carbon & oxygen. Now u have Carbon, Oxygen, A little water (already proven) and sooting temperature, so, you can go there and start life. The distance is a problem, which means u will probably die while just returning from mars. This problem can also be solved if very high velocity mode of transport can be invented which is comparable to speed of light at least 50 % of it. Then the man going on mars visit will age slowly (remember time dialation in special theory). But, the big question is, why should we make mars inhabitable. The cost that will be incurred, if utilised in our earth could make it a better place to live. Even the cost of iraq war is so high that it could provide for food and education to the children of the entire word!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is possible.

The Bible tells of Noah's ark, we're all familiar with that story.

Navajo and Hopi legend tell of their people coming from afar on a rock made into a ship with billowing sail landing where today is known as Shiprock, New Mexico.

Shiprock, New Mexico is 800 miles from the nearest ocean and yet these people whose great grand parents have never heard of an ocean much less seen one talk of ships with billowing sails.

Noah's ark was a capsule like vehicle that floated through a flood.

I've long maintained that Mars evolved differently than Earth.

Mar's water table dropped to a depth of ten miles below the surface of the planet. Some Martians escaped and some Martians remained on Mars.

Those that remained followed the dropping water table and evolved to adapt to the changing environment. These Martians evolved into reptilian appearing creatures resembling salamanders that are sightless from living in total darkness.

The Martians that came to Earth were repitian in appearance but evolved into what well call human's today. Some modern day reptiles are also evolved from Martians.

That why I lobby for a policy of 'HANDS OFF MARS!'.

It took millions of years for the Martians to adapt to their changing environment. NASA's plans to 'terraform' Mars will kill the Martians that live there today.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It is clear from DNA sequencing that humans are related (through evolution) to all other lifeforms on Earth. So maybe life started on Mars, and a single cell made it to Earth and then evolved into the proliferation of forms we see today. But otherwise, no.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Humans evolved on Earth, and have never visited Mars. We have sent a few robots, but that's it.

• Dude
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There is literally ZERO evidence that this might be the case. We have never found life anywhere other than on earth. We have found amino acids and building blocks in orbit around other planets or in meteors, but never life.

This is the most recent article I could find, if you read the whole thing, you will see that there is still no evidence that it was bacteria:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/66...

• 1 decade ago

The novel "Protector" by Larry Niven has one of the most creative theories on mankind's origin that I can think of. Pick up a copy and enjoy yourself.

Here is Wikipedia's decription: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pak_Protector

You can buy the book here: http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Larry-Niven/dp/034...

The audio book is here: http://www.sffaudio.com/?p=70

Source(s): Theorist
  • 1 decade ago

There might be microscopic organisms but nothing as intelligent as humans.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.